Chapter 26

Drowsiness was hitting you hard

Drowsiness was hitting you hard. You decided to make a stop by the nurses office while Duke went ahead to lunch without you.

You knew the nurse wasn't going to give you actual medication or anything, but you were at least going to be given some downtime.

This was going to give you more time to think, especially regarding the festival.

Considering the festival would include all the classes, it would be best to use that to approach Eli. You would consider going to his job, but you were worried that you might have to get him to do your hair so that you could actually talk casually with him. And you weren't going to go through that.

It was going to be taxing, though, trying to find a moment where you could actually talk to him somewhat without the harlets that surround him.

Plus, you would also need to come up with an excuse to talk to him. You could just act like the other girls who love him, but that would mean he might give you the cold shoulder like he does to them.

And considering that you want to use the festival to get close to him and you need to put your meeting with Crystal first, you will have to make sure that you meet with Crystal in time to have another plan in action for when the festival comes.

You sighed as you sat down on the bed in the nurses' quarter. All this thinking, along with this massive headache, was going to be the end of you.

You guessed that the nurse had stepped out, considering that she wasn't here. It didn't matter anyway. With or without permission, you were still going to get a break.

You still wanted to make it to lunch, though, although by the time you get there, the lunch line will be closed. It's not like the lunch was anything to drool over anyway.

I might as well get something done.. no better time than the present to check things off.

You scrolled through your contacts and clicked on one, Crystal Choi.

You didn't expect her to want to get in touch with you directly, but maybe it was better this way.

It could either be taken as a sign of trust or distrust. But at least this way, it was faster.

She chose the place you two would meet, as you wished for her to do so. It was a restaurant, the type that only rich old folks go to, stereotypically at least. It was the type to serve small portions of artistically placed ingredients, leaving much to be desired, to say the least.

She set the time, too. it's going to be tomorrow, at noon.

If there weren't any setbacks, then that means you should be able to get this done before the festival.

You looked at the time. As mentioned before, you still wanted to make it to lunch. So you got up, slowly, as not to strain yourself too much.

The room was cold, while your body was still annoyingly hot. This contrast was bugging you to an excess extent.