Chapter 80

Two months later

Two months later.

You didn't have much to worry about. The plan worked, at least for now.

You were sitting at your desk, music thumping against your ear drums as you finished up some work from another class.

"I would also like to mention, students who excel in playing instruments are better suited for this internship."

A grating voice interrupted your peace of mind as you looked up at the set of eyes staring directly at you.

"As the sponsor for this class's program I think it's important to acknowledge both your talents and flaws when considering your future."

You weren't surprised when you looked around and found the class enamoured. Glancing to your side, you found Duke taking in every word that dropped from the man's mouth.

You didn't blame him, it was only natural.

But when you went back into your own world you were pulled out once again.

"I highly advise you all to listen to advice when it is handed to you freely. There isn't always going to be someone there to teach you right from wrong." The room felt a bit more suffocating.

You were getting used to his presence more often now that you almost see him everyday. But it still bothered you. Within the last month he had become more involved with the other departments too, including the fashion dept.

And you weren't able to know exactly what happens since that isn't your class.

I need to switch departments. Is what you kept telling yourself. But without a good reason the school wouldn't allow it.

"Your dad is so cool.." Duke mumbled just enough for you to hear.

You didn't say anything back. You just smiled at him and nodded.

"Alright class, give thanks to our special guest and be on your way to lunch." The teacher gave a small clap and everyone got up from their seats.

You were one of the first to collect some of your things and swiftly exit. The man you passed on the way out gave you a knowing glance. But you didn't give him the time of day.

"[Y/n], wait up!" Duke called to you.

He struggled to carry all of his things as he didn't want to get left behind.

He noticed you've become more reserved for a long while, but he was nervous to say anything. He knew how difficult it was to get the truth out of you, especially when you were pushed.

You walked at a slower pace for him.

When you got to the cafeteria you noticed all the gossip already stirring up. Particularly revolving around Daniel, per usual.

This was one of those days where everything was a bit louder, the sun in your eyes was a bit brighter, and the voices in your head were a bit more potent.

"Don't you have that thing with my dad, Duke?" You suddenly looked at him and smiled. "You wouldn't want to be late."

During lunch he offered to help people apply to more programs.

"Yeah.. but I wanted to say hi to everyone first." He looked back at you and smiled awkwardly, not really knowing why the sudden mood change occurred.

"Really? You should hurry anyway." You walked away from him while not even bothering to look back at him anymore. "He's not a very patient man."

You couldn't see Duke's dejected expression as he seemed to take your words to heart.

He waited there for a little bit, maybe to see if you would turn around and tell him you were just messing with him like always. But he never got a response as he stared into your back.

You were too in your own head to even process the impact of what you had said to even consider the fact.

You just went and sat down next to everyone else as normal.

Daniel was the first to notice you as he gave you a big smile and a warm welcome. You tried to mimic him as best you could  but it turned out weaker and less authentic than usual.

You didn't give him a chance to ask questions though as you put your full attention into your phone.

He looked over at Jiho and they gave each other a confused look. Not like Jiho cared that much.

Throughout the only time you guys could get together, you were less than willing to participate in conversation. Any responses you have were dry and you didn't once look at anyone.

Zack kept glancing in your direction as if he wanted to say something, but he wouldn't.

And Mira stared at you with a knowing gaze. She assumed as to why you were acting this way, that it had to have been something to do with your father.

She couldn't be anymore right.

But Mira was a problem solver, she didn't let things sit like this.

.....

You were walking away from the school gates when you felt a hand on your shoulder.

"[Y/n], wait up!" She asked as she stopped and smiled, you stopping with her.

You just tilted your head a bit and waited for her to continue.

"I was thinking we could go somewhere and hangout, like we used to." She awkwardly let go of your shoulder and looked around nervously.

It's true that you felt the need to watch over her, but you felt it when you asked her if you could stay with her for the night. She was too curious. The more you were around her the more she observed you.

That's one of the biggest reasons that you opted to watch your father's moves rather than hers. He was the perpetrator, and it wasn't likely for him to have help that wasn't his own daughter.

So as long as you knew where he was at all times, you figured that was safer than having Mira try to dissect you.

"Sure."

But you still needed to put more effort in keeping up appearances.

She felt relieved to hear that, so much so that it was visibly showing.

You didn't think anything of it though.

--------------

Started: March 28th, 2024
Finished: March 29th, 2024

Theoretically speaking, how would you go about making a scenario where Walter H. White and associates magically start dealing and manufacturing methamphetamine in Korea?

Also, is the king of Seoul currently in Mexico? If so, then I could make it work -3-

Would you like to continue?