Chapter 61

Soon enough the buses did arrive at the retreat center

Everyone seemed tired as they made the students stand in front of the instructors for a lecture before restarting the actual retreat.

Although honestly it was all gibberish, one thing caught your attention.

"We have faith in all of you, but in order to be safe we'll need to check your bags." The taller instructor stood in front of the crowd of students.

For some reason he looked familiar, like you had seen him before. But you couldn't exactly explain it.

.....

"Who the hell put alcohol in a can of Pringles?!"

"Huh? Weird! How'd that get in there?"

"Why are there cigarettes in this chip bag? How'd you manage that?!"

"I put them in and sealed them with my straightener.."

This school, criminals, all of them, criminals.

The same instructor stood at the head of everyone once again.

"We hope the guilty parties will not hold a grudge against us." He stood up straight with a serious face. "There have been a lot of schools here, but J high has got to be the worst."

Damn.. you didn't doubt that.

Through the noise of the instructors still lecturing everyone, and bad mouthing your school, rightfully so, you could hear the circulating whispers of the crowd around you.

"Why's his name Zeus?"

"They use fake names. It's easier to remember."

That caused your suspicion to spike momentarily.

It wasn't inherently bad to use fake names, but it did cause a rift in trust.

Do they do background checks? You couldn't help but wonder, eventually though you shook those thoughts away, thinking to yourself that it's just your paranoia.

"[Y/n], over here!" Your attention was pulled away when you heard Zoe calling for you.

The bubbly girl was eager to hang out with you, making conversation every chance she got and smiling every time she saw you. But you knew better, half of it was pity. She looked at you with pity and guilt every time she was reminded of the sacrifice you made for her, evident with your arm, which is still in a sling.

But you weren't going to push her away, if this is what she needed to ease her mind then so be it.

Plus, you appreciated the extra help you got from her company. Whenever you would be having trouble she would be like an angel over your shoulder, helping you at every point.