Chapter 54

Your father was an unplanned variable for today's mission

Your father was an unplanned variable for today's mission. You didn't have anything set prior to his appearance.

And for what would come after all of this, it honestly scared you. Like everything you had done to get away from him was undone in just the past few minutes.

You felt hopeless, staring down into the water of the port from the roof of the building which you had just been abandoned on.

And what would become of your friends of they were to be tied into your father's sick games?

You decided that you needed some answers.

Your phone rang for what felt like forever before he answered your call.

"Is something the matter?" His voice stung your ears as you registered his words.

He already knew your call was coming.

"Please Eugene. Tell me you've got something planned, something that doesn't cause a sacrifice." You needed closure, you needed the comfort of knowing that no one close to you would be affected by his decisions.

"What are you so worried about? All you have to do is what you've been doing." You could tell he was smiling, he always enjoyed things like this.

"This is different, you promised me, you promised-" your words were cut short.

"Don't be so greedy [y/n]."

"You don't want people getting hurt now?" He sighed. "You want to be able to give out your own judgement, you want to be able to preserve yourself without any repercussions? You want my help, but also choose what I get in return?"

You didn't say anything as you were listening intently to what he had to say.

"You only get what you want when I get what I want." You heard some noise on the other line, like papers shifting around. "Then I'll think about moving your 'demon' back to America."

Your teeth clenched as you bit back the feelings that gripped your mind. But you smiled none the less.

When he gets what he wants? How is he going to feel when he loses support due to the lack of players for his games?

The amount of people being shipped were supposed to last him for the month. And people weren't easy to buy in bulk like that.

"One thing." You said suddenly.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Did it ever accur to you that my father would team up with Charles Choi?" You took him by surprise.

"Why would he keep wasting his time with a kid like you? Chairman Choi is much stronger than you are, not to mention they both have almost the same weakness..." You were leaning your back against the railing of the building, looking up into the blue sky.