Chapter 30

"It's nice to finally meet you in person, Miss Choi

"It's nice to finally meet you in person, Miss Choi."

You gave her the most sincere smile you could muster at the moment.

She was wearing a nice black and white striped suit and pants with pricey jewelry and her hair straight and draped on her shoulders.

"Likewise, Miss [Y/n]. But please, just call me Crystal."

She replicated your expressions.

You did some research on her beforehand. She mostly did business with the eldest sons of big names, likely using her looks to her advantage. No one is a genuine person when they try to get what they want, and neither of you were an exception.

But she wasn't the only one who was watching you. Gun was looking at you as you and Crystal shook hands.

You didn't expect him to remember you, but he could also just be doing his job as her bodyguard.

Never the less, you were still nervous under his gaze, but you weren't going to let yourself show it, nor were you going to falter.

"Have we met before?" He had his hands in his pants pockets and stood straight.

Crystal side eyed him, probably confused as to why he felt the need to say that.

"Yes, you gave me a ride home not too long ago." You made it seem as it you were happy to see him again.

"You know each other?" Crystal was genuinely shocked.

"We met briefly while I was out working." Gun kept it short. He wasn't obligated to tell her anyway.

"Yes, it's nice to see you doing well, too. I didn't expect us to meet again, not like this at least." You laughed a little, trying to lighten the mood more.

He didn't reply but instead just nodded his head.

"We should be moving along now, right?" You looked to Crystal, and she agreed with you.

"Yes.. there's a private room set up for us on the top floor, we can discuss more there." She seemed a little put off from you and Gun knowing each other. She assumed that there could've been something more that Gun didn't tell her.

It didn't bother you for her to assume that, but you couldn't deny that it hurt you in regard to your character. It would be bad if the way she made business with you had been affected by that perception.

"Sounds nice." You just ignored that thought for the time being, following Crystal's direction.

Even if she did think of you as such, it wasn't going to deter you. You came here to achieve something, not convince Crystal Choi you were some sinless woman.

She can think what she wants.

The three of you were going up the elevator of the building. You didn't come to fancy places like this unless you had to, even though you had access to the funds for it.