Chapter 56

As soon as you got back you were bombarded with worried faces and attention

Vasco had gotten on his hands and knees and 'apologized' to you in front of the whole school for not being able to stop you from getting stabbed.

You had to force the burn knuckles to not follow you around the whole school.

Zoe had bought you chocolates and flowers as a thank you. Although, you didn't really feel right taking them so you compromised by sharing them with her.

And you almost gave Duke a heart attack when you walked into class with your shoulder in that condition. He was worried since you hadn't answered his texts.

And now as you're sitting at lunch Mira made you go ahead and sit down as she grabbed a tray for you.

"I'm one arm down, not hopeless." You mumbled to yourself while leaning your head against the table.

Daniel laughed as he watched you pout and Mira set your tray down in front of you.

"[Y/n], you did go home despite the doctor's orders." He added.

Mira didn't know this prior, so it made her glare at you for a moment.

"With that being said, they wouldn't have let me leave if not for the fact that I am capable." You cleared your throat and went to eat.

"Exactly, why don't you come sit with me Mira?" Zack was sitting on the other side of her with his elbows on the table, his fingers interlocked and his eyes closed.

"Agh.." you clenched your hand and held it close to you, causing Mira to worry. "Sorry, I don't think I can feed myself anymore.."

Zack stared at you with a blank face as Mira didn't hesitate to pick up your fork for you.

You opened your mouth and closed your eyes, ignoring his stare.

You felt the food slip into your mouth and opened your eyes, expecting to be met with a soft gaze, not daggers.

You nearly spit the food in his face as you noticed Zack switched places with Mira.

The two of you glared at each other as Zack went in to pick some more food up with the fork and Mira smiled at him, thinking of the situation as a bonding moment.

"Open up~" Zack smiled sinisterly in a deep voice as the food was brought to your mouth.

You turned away from him.

"I'm not hungry anymore.."

He cackled as he joyfully dropped the food back to the plate and turned his full attention back to Mira.

Only to see her get up and walk away.

"Sorry, I'm going to the restroom." She smiled and waved at all of you as Zack dejected.

You laughed quietly as he became increasingly disappointed.

But now that she was gone you could tell that Daniel was acting different, like he wanted to say something.

"What's wrong?" You asked him.

He was caught off guard by your question, but then sighed.

"This guy named Namsoo in our class got beat up running an errand for Zack." Daniel seemed angry about it, the fact that his classmate got beat.

"An errand huh?" You looked at Zack from the corner of your eye.

"It wasn't anything like that." He huffed.

"What're you going to do about it?" You looked between the two.

"Beat their asses." - Zack

"Get Namsoo's money back." - Daniel

"An Angel and the Devil.." you stared at them blankly.

You shook your initial thoughts away as you asked them for more information.

They told you the whole story of how these guys posed as a girl on the internet in order to scam people.

And then Zack went on this rant of how he really wanted the shoes they had advertised, which you really just tuned out.

"Yui already helped us set up a meeting with them, now all we have to do is show." Zack grew another sinister smile as his pupils practically disappeared.

"Are you damage control?" You peeked at Daniel and he was in a cold sweat.

You thought for a moment, weighing your options.

"I'm coming too." You decided.

"Huh??? No one invited you." Zack glared.

"I'll tell Mira."

"..."

"Anyway, I'll see you two after school then." You stood up and walked out, waving them bye.

You went to the hall furthest from the lunch room and pulled out you phone, noticing the multiple missed calls from one person.

Eugene.

He was going to be harder to avoid than you thought.

-------------

Started: December 22nd, 2023
Finished: December 22nd, 2023

Why are you getting a 15/100 on a geometry test...

Would you like to continue?