Chapter 70

You were staring endlessly out the car window as your driver took you to a luxury building about half an hour from your apartment

You had so much on your mind. A person's life was in danger because of your carelessness, not just any person, but Mira.

But you tried your best to push back the thoughts that intruded into your headspace. He probably didn't believe a word you said, but he still had no proof that you knew her, other than the fact that she was in the same school.

That wishful thinking was all you could rely on to get you to leave and go to this event.

Crystal, Charles Choi's daughter, had invited you via email about an event she would be hosting for her company. Networking and stuff.

You should have jumped at the chance to go, after all, this was all Eugene had asked of you for the time being.

But too much was recently put on your plate.

You were going to have to tough it out regardless. Not only was this a chance to talk with Crystal, but there were also going to be some other big-shots present.

"Ma'am, we have arrived." The man in the driver seat said with great care, noticing your nervous state.

You looked at him momentarily and quietly thanked him.

You wore something professional, a great contrast to your casual clothes. With you was a single small bag, to hold your necessities.

You got out of the car with ease and looked up to the rather large building. It wasn't that intimidating to you, you had seen several like it before.

You took one last deep breath before making your way to the front double doors.

Around you were several other luxury cars, obviously due to the other guests present tonight.

Upon entering the building you were welcomed with even more pleasantries. A very modern design met you as you looked around and took in the view, pieces of abstract art.

Everyone else must've been further on, considering you were somewhat late already.

Since you didn't want to come at all.

"Crystal?" You called out ahead to the dark haired girl.

She was wearing a black and white striped power suit with her hair straight and long. She was talking to a young man, just barely older than you.

When she looked past the man to meet your eyes she smiled a little bit, something between relieved and happy. Like you had come to her rescue.

"[Y/n], I was just looking for you." She approached you politely and went to shake your hand. "It's nice for you to come out on such short notice."

You looked at her for a bit before returning the gesture. You took a moment to look at the guy past her and your face fell flat.

He was looking Crystal up and down hungrily from behind.

"Come." You tried not to pull her as you led her to a balcony. "Let's get some air."

She gave you a patient nod and followed you.

She seemed to take a deep breath as soon as the fresh cold air hit her.

"That bad huh?" You smiled coyly.

She tried to remain dignified as she silently confirmed.

"Who was that?" You asked while leaning against the railing.

"The next in line to the H group." She answered.

You took another peak at the guy inside who was now talking to another man.

The H group.. Maybe coming here wasn't such a bad idea.

"I'm sorry about the last time we met." She spoke suddenly and put her hands together in front of her. "Your friends got hurt."

You were quick to dismiss her concerns with the wave of a hand.

"Don't be." You sighed. "It was just a misunderstanding."

She looked at you in understanding, slightly relieved.

"Speaking of that devil, where is he?" You looked around a bit.

You didn't see him near her anywhere and he didn't seem the type to talk to a couple of rich kids.

"Gun? He should've been somewhere outside." She didn't seem too sure herself.

You were a bit disappointed at the fact that you missed him on the way in. You were still so curious about him.

"Well, I'm going to go show some face." You grinned at her while pushing yourself off the railing and towards the glass doors. "You should stay here for a while, we can catch up later."

She didn't say much, just stood in compliance. She was silently grateful, but it looked like there was something she had to say.

But you didn't wait for her to let it out. You were drawn to the status of these hyenas Crystal had put on a platter for you.

They were dressed in some of the best attire you had ever seen, but they were all the more filthy.

Like pigs in black and white lenin and ties.

"Is that the oldest son of the president Hong?!" You said with a welcoming tone.

The man with black hair looked surprised but then put on a cocky smirk.

"And who might I have the pleasure of meeting?" He held his hand out.

You shook it and pulled the brightest smile you could fake.

"[Y/n], the daughter of President [L/n]." You leaned in closer.

He couldn't hide or stop the red spreading along his cheeks as you got a little closer to him. But when he caught what name you threw out he seemed to get more serious.

If only he could read your mind.

"As in [F/n]?!" He smiled intriguingly and held his right hand to his chest. "Wow.. I would love to exchange cards."

He frantically reached into his pocket.

You stood there patiently and your eyes wandered around a bit.

"I was curious, do you have any siblings?" You said suddenly.

He didn't seem to pay much attention as he answered almost immediately.

"Oh, yeah. I have a couple brothers and sisters."

"That's interesting. I didn't realize President Hong had that many Sons." You mumbled.

He froze halfway to reaching his hand out to you.

"Ah.. I must've misspoke, you are correct." He smiled awkwardly as you took the card from him.

"I get it, you must be tired." You gave him a polite and knowing smile. "How about we take a seat?" You looked towards a big table with a couple sofas, which others were already sitting at.

He practically looked at you like you were some sort of angel and nodded profusely.

He was the complete opposite of Jay.

-------------

Started: February 11th, 2024
Finished: February 18th, 2024

I got a green anole (small lizard) and named her Megatron :)

Would you like to continue?