Chapter 39

You were walking, no, running through the street

You were walking, no, running through the street. There was a car chasing you. It was dark and raining.

Flashing red and blue followed you no more as you turned into an alley.

They can't follow me through here surely..

You were sweating, how long have you been running again?

It felt like forever. You hid behind a big green trashcan, needles and garbage littered the pavement around you as you tried to calm down your breathing.

I can't go back.

You couldn't tell why your face was wet, either it was your tears, or maybe just the rain.

But you couldn't move anymore, your body was cold and shaking, your fingertips were numb, and your clothes stuck tight to your skin. It was a suffocating feeling, being helpless. Like prey trapped and cornered.

And then suddenly a sharp pain went through your arm.

"Found her!" A man in uniform yelled, grabbing you firmly.

"No!"

You woke up.

Reaching out to the ceiling above you with your body covered in a cold sweat and your face hot with tears.

You were breathing heavily. Your heart felt like it was about to explode out of your chest.

And then your senses came back to you.

Fuck..

You held yourself, trying to sooth your mind.

Your blanket had been thrown off of you in the middle of your restless sleep and the light from your alarm clock lit your face.

5:17 am

It isn't even time for school yet.

But you couldn't go back to sleep.

Although for now you just needed time to recuperate. You sat, still with your arms around yourself, looking around your room.

You'd decided to turn on the light next to the bed, it was scarily dark.

Your room was plain. It was simple, you felt no need to dress it up like other kids your age. you were always taught that such a display was indecent and messy.