Chapter 18

It was clean

It was clean. A small black car, the paint was new and there wasn't a scratch nor dent in sight. Not even wear and tear that could have come from weathering.

You sat down in the passenger seat.

The inside wasn't any worse. Everything was clean, and it didn't have any sort of bad odor, besides a small linger of cigarette smoke.

You were being too careless, but you didn't care. If Gun knew who you were, then he could've done whatever he wanted with you if he saw you as a threat. But this fact is what made it clear to you that Gun obviously did not know you by face. Maybe he didn't even know your name or family. This brought great relief to you.

While you never talked to the guy personally, you still knew many things of him. He was a businessman who only ever invested in things for the sake of his own enjoyment or for money.

He would have no reason to hurt a stranger who had done nothing but ask him for a ride home.

"Where are you headed?"

This wasn't a regular occurrence for him, and on a normal occasion, he wouldn't dare let a stranger into his car. But he saw you as harmless.

He planned on asking you for some payback anyway. This was a money thing rather than a favor in his eyes.

Because despite your casual clothes, he saw your worth. Your clothes were name brand and had value. Any jewelry you had on were popular and not knock-offs.

With the money you were wearing, he was surprised you didn't have a chauffeur already. For all he knew, you were a runaway rich kid who got into some trouble.

"You know that barbecue place near the central mall? I'll be fine there."

You weren't stupid enough to lead him to your direct address. You didn't trust him for good reason. He was among many things to be considered your enemy. He himself just didn't know that yet.

So you chose a place populated that you knew well and decided you'd walk the rest of the way, maybe even grab some dinner if you were in the mood.

All Gun did was nod his head at you. He thought that after this, he would probably never see you again, but you knowing otherwise thought you might as well at least talk to him.

After all, technically, Eugene never said that getting all buddy buddy with Crystal meant you couldn't do the same with Gun.

So you rolled the dice.

"Why were you out so late?" You looked at him and smiled kindly, trying to see how he would respond.

He looked at you a bit condescendingly, but still was stone faced. He was going to be a hard guy to try and crack.

"I should be the one asking you that."

Your arms were crossed in your lap, and you just laughed softly at his attitude.

"You don't look like the type to be out for no good reason.."

Your eyes went wide as he smiled.

"Is that so?"

He took out a cigarette, lit it, and rolled down his window.

It was at this moment that something clicked in your head. Gun was a desire driven person,  He was probably bored. And you felt like you had just what it took to entertain him right now.

With that, he had basically invited you to try and get in his head. You loved a challenge.

------------------

Started: September 3rd, 2023
Finished: September 3rd, 2023

Womp womp

Would you like to continue?