Chapter 68

"Ms

"Ms. [Y/n] do you know why you're here?" You were asked by the school counselor.

"No." You honestly didn't.

Zoe was made to go to class. You were told to go in alone, so here you are, sitting down and being questioned. Like some sort of criminal.

"A couple of girls reported that you had threatened them." They stated solemnly.

You froze up. Girls? There was no way that it wasn't Yui. You didn't expect her to let it go, but to go out of her way to snitch on you was something that you made the mistake of putting her above.

"This has to be a misunderstanding..." You smiled while trying to reason.

"I'm sorry." They shook their head sternly. "It would be one thing if it were one case, but multiple girls have come forward."

She even used her cronies to gain the advantage. Honestly, it almost impressed you, almost.

"I've heard that your father is in town?"

You froze up.

"Wait! This is all just a mistake, let me defend myself, please." You nearly begged. You ended up shooting out of your chair, causing the counselor to become alarmed.

"Just give me time." You didn't realize it, but the counselor was backing away from you. "But please don't call him."

"[Y/n], it's too late for that. I've already contacted him, he's on his way."

Your heart sank and your body fell back into your chair. Panic ensued in you as you held your head in your hands.

"You should be glad he was able to come in such short notice." They started. "He didn't even so much as raise his voice on the phone, you're lucky that you aren't anyone else's child."

They sat down behind their desk and sighed.

It didn't take much time at all, as if he were called by your distress alone.

"Mr. [L/n], welcome." They greeted each other.

He came in and took a seat right next to you, putting a suitcase down on the ground near your chair.

You didn't even acknowledge his presence.

"I'm sorry about my daughter, it seems she wasn't raised properly.." he put on a shameful face, taking his time to hang his head low and shake.

"Oh please, some kids are just like that." They said in response.

You kept your eyes on the floor, your shoulder slouched and hands slightly intertwined.

You felt a large hand come down and place itself in your head.

"She wasn't always like this.." he said sadly. His voice and actions didn't match at all, because you felt his fingertips dig deeply into your scalp, causing you to wince slightly and hold back noise.

"Right? They're so cute when they're little, but then they grow up and start causing trouble." The counselor pulled out a piece of paper from the bottom drawer of their desk. "She must be in her rebellious stage."

Your father laughed and nodded his head. "Right, all of this will pass soon enough."

He finally let you go and you still felt the stinging pain linger on. He wasn't really the physical type, he must be in a particularly bad mood today. Or at least that's what you could focus on.

They went back and forth, talking about what Yui and the other girls had told them, and what that could possibly mean for you.

At most it sounded like a couple days suspension. It technically wasn't serious enough to call for expulsion.

But before you could be let home there was still one more thing.

"You see, it would be much easier for her to confess, rather than keep denying it like she has previously." The counselor sighed and they both turned to you.

You still didn't look at them.

"Is that so?" The man next to you observed your expression with caution. "What do you have to say [y/n]?"

He brought his hand to your shoulder, resting it there, before gripping down hard, harder than before.

How could you not see this?! For the first time in a while you looked up to your counselor, who held a carefree smile.

You tried not to twist your face in pain, but you swore that if he had dug into your shoulder any harder then blood would come out.

"I threatened them..." You barely managed to speak at all, let alone in a convincing tone.

And all of a sudden the initial pain ceased. All that was left was the bruise it would leave.

It was like you had been rewarded for compliance.

"I'm sorry.." you said to the counselor. "I let my emotions get the better of me, it won't happen again."

Your dignity shattered as you gave in to the bold faced lie that Yui had created, and your father had enforced.

After that, the counselor let you go. You were finally able to leave that forsaken office and even the school. But there was still a problem.

He was going to be bringing you home. You didn't even get the chance to refute as he had already lead you to his car.

"Get in." Were the only words that he told you as he stared down at you, a dark shadow covering his eyes and a vein running along the side of his neck.

You didn't have a choice.

-------------

Started: February 1st, 2024
Finished: February 1st, 2024

Is online school good?

Would you like to continue?