Chapter 25

"Hey, any other festival show participants? Then I'll report it

"Hey, any other festival show participants? Then I'll report it."

Mary Kim was at the front of the class. She was going to be the one in charge of managing the vocal and dance classes festival concert.

At the mention of the festival, everyone decided to share their thoughts.

"No one can touch Vin Jin!"

"I'm not gonna try..."

"That'd be an embarrassing defeat."

You were indifferent to their comments. It's not like you were going to compete with the guy, but he was still an ass. Despite his personality, you weren't going to argue against his talent.

"No one?" Mary looked around the room.

"Heh, guess I really am the best.." Vin looked in your direction. Duke kept his head down.

Does he have an obsession or something?..

"Wait.."

You looked over at Duke shocked, and he raised his hand.

"I'm going to perform." Duke still held his head down as Vin rushed over to him and almost grabbed a fist of his hair before you stepped in front of him.

"Need something?" You smiled at him while gesturing with your hand out.

He didn't step back but instead just scowled at you. He was a bit nervous, you knew about him and you also didn't care.

"Look, Vin's pissed."

You looked around the class and noticed Mary. She was looking you up and down, not with malice but with curiosity.

You did digging before school started. That's how you knew about Vin's past. But Mary is different. You weren't able to find much about her, just that she's known Vin for a long time.

"Tch, don't push it. It doesn't matter anyway, but it'll be a problem if he makes a joke of our class, huh?"

You just rolled your eyes and scoffed.

"Maybe you should worry about yourself." You didn't like his attitude. He was a pompous jerk, and you weren't having it.

"The hell did that bitch say?..."

"She must be out of her mind."

I can go ahead and say bye to being an average student.

"And why is that? Watch your mouth."

You would assume he's staring right at you if not because of the sunglasses he always wore. And because of this, you were still confident. It was his sensitive spot, after all.

"Really? If you're gonna talk to me, then at least look me in the eyes. I can't tell yknow? The glasses really get in the way."

He visibly declined, and you saw Mary sigh.

"C'mere idiot." Mary grabbed the back of his collar and pulled him away from you.

"You're lucky she's here.." He immediately avoided your eyes and walked away with his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry about that..." Mary smiled while bowing her head to you.

"It's not a problem, you're Mary Kim, right?" You smiled back and rubbed the nape of your neck.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" She looked at you confused and let Vin pass her and to his friends.

"How could I not? You're the prettiest girl in the school, after all."

The flattery worked as she blushed and held her head high while tucking her hair behind her ear. You made sure to take note of this for the future.

"I know, I know.. you're not too bad yourself." You saw how boosted her ego got and laughed in response to her compliment.

"So, you're gonna make sure my friend here gets a chance in this festival thingy?" You just wanted to keep a lighthearted tone while also making her say what you wanted to hear.

"Hm? Oh yeah, that, sure."

You looked at Duke, and he still had his head down. But you saw how focused he looked.

"Thanks, I knew a girl with your looks had to be kind. You really are just blessed, huh?"

She looked so smug and barely even focused on the conversation. She seemed like a much better person compared to Vin, at least.

"I'm glad we have someone as smart as you in our class." She turned around, and you saw her smack Vin on top of the head, which made him start whining.

You sat back down next to Duke.

"You don't have to do that [y/n]." Duke looked at you but also smiled. He wasn't mad at you, just worried.

"I know.. but that guy is all talk. He's not as strong as he could be..."

You crossed your arms on your desk and laid your head down. You were still exhausted.

Duke hadn't been asking about your condition because you needed to push your health away while puffing your chest at Vin. He probably wouldn't have backed off as much if he noticed you weren't in the right condition.

Your body was hot, and the medicine you took this morning, much to your disappointment, wasn't doing much.

"So, what do you plan to do for the festival?" You looked at him through tired eyes.

"I'm not sure yet, I know I want to rap. But I don't have a song in mind right now..." He looked a bit down.

You smiled at him and sat up straight.

"Don't worry, you have time to decide."

-----------------

Started: September 21st, 2923
Finished: September 22nd, 2023

Would you like to continue?