Chapter 81

You and Mira were sitting in a small diner-like shop

You and Mira were sitting in a small diner-like shop. It was a peaceful environment. Something much needed on a day like this.

"Do you like the food? I heard this place was good, but I wasn't sure if you'd like it." She smiled as she ate some more of what she had ordered.

She chose this spot in particular because of how melo it was, hoping that it would cheer you up or make you comfortable enough to talk to her.

You looked at her and gave her a simple smile.

"Yeah, this place is pretty good." You tried to convince her even more by taking another big bite. "I'm surprised I've never heard of it before."

After hearing this, her face lit up and she started to ramble on about other places you might be interested in that were similar.

She was hoping to make the most out of what was left of the day. And she was beyond happy that it at least seemed like you were enjoying yourself so far.

But you weren't listening at all, you were more focused on the kid at the table behind her. It was this little boy, a cute kid, about 6 years old. He was playing with a piece of gum in his hands when his eyes wandered to the distracted Mira's hair.

This little guy was enamoured by her soft hair so much so that he started to try and reach out for it, his parents weren't paying him any attention.

You almost said something, but then stopped yourself. Letting Mira stay distracted as the kid gave her hair a tug, the pink substance sticking to her thin strands and becoming intertwined.

This is when you finally grabbed the kids hands lightly and gained the parent's attention.

Mira looked back surprised and immediately inspected her hair.

"I'm so sorry! How could you?!" The mother scolded her child with embarrassment. "Forgive him please.."

You gave her a kind smile and shook your head.

"It's fine.. he's just a kid after all." You said, trying to get her to leave as quickly as possible.

"Yeah, it's really nothing at all ma'am." Mira held her hands up in a reassuring manner. "It's just a little gum."

You watched Mira closely as the altercation continued. Mira was able to get them to forget about it shortly, allowing the two of you to leave now that her hair was ruined.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do..." She looked at her hair sadly.

You thought to yourself for a moment.

This was the perfect opportunity.

You gently grabbed the piece of hair with the gooey substance and smiled at her.

"Have you ever thought of getting a haircut?"

She looked at you curiously and shook her head.

"No, I've always had long hair."