Chapter 13

You were walking side by side, Mira was dressed as casual as she could, but still in her school uniform

You, having got out of school early because you were tired, chose to wear casual clothes too, different from Mira's uniform, though.

"You almost forgot."

She was a bit irked with you. You promised to go to a café with her just the day prior, but then you were just sleeping at home while she had to come get you.

"I know..."

Her pace quickened, and she crossed her arms.

"This is why you should be getting a full night's rest."

You turned a corner with her as she let you know you were just a couple feet away from your destination.

"I know..."

You were sluggish. The sun was shooting darts through your body and was peircing your will to be outside.

When the two of you reached the door, Mira had to clap her hand in your face to get your attention, but gently so as not to startle you.

"Let's go. Some coffee will wake you up."

She smiled and brought you to a booth near the window.

You took in the atmosphere, it was kind of peaceful, it wasn't loud and the satisfying smell of ground coffee and vanilla was everywhere. Hell, you almost dozed off from that alone. It was like a pacifier.

You were smiling while resting your head on the back of your hand with your eyes closed.

"[Y/n]?"

You slowly opened your eyes, blinking a couple of times.

"Jace?.."

You sat up a bit more straight. You noticed he had a uniform on and had a notepad in one hand with a pen in the other.

But most of all, you noticed the rest of his group sitting at a table a bit ways down.

"What would you like?"

Jace smiled at you and Mira.

It didn't take a genius to realize Jace worked here and that his friends were just mooching off his job, although you found this amusing you didn't want to bother his work so you didn't bother to bring it up and start a mindless conversation.

So you just ordered and pretended like this was a normal everyday thing. The drinks wouldn't take long anyway.

"So why did you leave school early?"

Mira was the inquisitive type, a simple 'I felt like it' wouldn't fly past her.

"I was tired, you know me."

You were tapping your leg up and down, and your eyes still slightly drooped.

"Really? Are you sure you're not still having nightmares?"

Her question made you go still, just slightly. But then you smiled at her, tilting your head a little and closing your eyes.

"Nope, not for a long while.."

She doubted you. You weren't the type to be open, especially in a public space. It just hurt her a little bit at the thought that maybe you wouldn't be open to her even if you two talked in private. Either way, she still smiled at you kindly.

"That's good to hear."

She reached out and held your hand.

"We're friends, right?"

You stared at her while she looked into your eyes.

"Friends? This is definitely flirting."

Her face exploded in red as she retracted her and waved her arms around.

"N-no! That isn't what I was doing.."

You just laughed at her and kept teasing.

"Now I think I see what Zack does."

She covered her face with her hands.

"[Y/n] stop it..."

Mira was still in her own head as you watched Jace come over to your table.

"Here you go, ladies."

You took your drink and wasted no time taking some of it. Heaven is what you would use to describe the caffeine rush you got from consuming it.

"Thanks."

Mira watches you for a little while before drinking her own and Jace leaving the two of you to your own expenses.

"It's good, isn't it?"

You just mumbled back to her, not bothering to try and make sense.

You were looking around the place, there were a couple of people studying, some chatting and others just enjoying their afternoon.

Then, you saw a familiar face.

"Hey, look."

Mira glanced in the direction you were looking and spotted him too.

"Isn't that Daniel?" You rose a brow and stared at him, longer than you probably should have.

"Yeah, who's the older woman?"

Mira wasn't normally a nosy person, but Daniels was not a normal guy either, so it was natural to want to be at least a little curious.

"Probably his mom."

Daniel looked up from the woman and naturally locked with your eyes, in which your first response was to act as if you didn't see him.

Although Mira didn't quite get that.

"Get down!" You whisper-yelled at her, and she quickly followed.

"Sorry.."

She rubbed her neck bashful.

"You were way too obvious.." You sighed and leaned back in your chair.

You looked back over after a while and noticed that the woman was talking while also looking in your direction, and Daniel looked flustered.

"Should we go say hi?" Mira was smiling at the old woman, and the lady smiled back.

"You can if you want to- hey!"

Mira got up and dragged you by the hand.

------------------------

Started: August 27th, 2023
Finished: August 28th, 2023

Imagine being on your period and wearing white pants to school and expecting them not to bleed through.

Totally wasn't me today.

Would you like to contine?