Chapter 73

You couldn't fight him, all you could do was follow behind as he led you out of the building and away from prying eyes

In a small area where there was no one who could see the big red mark that he printed on the left side of your face.

He looked down on you with a half lidded stare. Like you were one of the biggest inconveniences to ever step in his path.

He then took another look around to make sure that no one could have possibly seen that. He was already taking too many chances as it was.

Then he looked back at you.

He didn't bother saying anything. It was like he didn't think you were worth the breath, like talking to you was pointless.

And so you just avoided his stare and waited for him to get done with whatever it was he was thinking at the moment. Your face barely hurts, it's not like he was some martial artist. He was just a business man with a hobby and too much free time.

All you could feel was nothing. Your apathy was at an all time high. Although there might've been some rage behind the heat rising up your neck. But you wouldn't act on it, not here and not yet.

"Are you finished?" You asked him as you finally met his eyes with a straight face.

He matched your gaze and just looked at you for a solid minute before sighing.

It came as a bit of a surprise to you, he looked like your average disappointed parent.

"So you knew her after all." His eyes trailed off towards the school building as he reminisced the last couple of minutes.

He shook his head and rubbed his neck with a frown, but then he suddenly smiled.

"This is strike one." He said almost cynically, an obvious threat.

A shadow cast over your eyes as you processed what he meant.

"Don't lie to me again [Y/n]." He gave you a closed-eyed grin.

You watched him give you a polite nod before turning around and walking away. He wasn't going to bother giving you a ride this time, not like you cared for that anyway.

Who do you call in times like these?

The police? "hey officer! I would LOVE to inform you that my father is an active serial killer and organ trafficker <3 and his next target just so happens to be one of my friends...! And who's bloody Claus's little helper?"

" ---> Me <--- "

........

You stopped halfway home to cool off. Getting too heated wasn't good for anyone, it would only lead to you making even more mistakes, not to mention a total fool of yourself.

You couldn't lie to yourself any longer.

He was pissing you the fuck off.

But you still wouldn't allow yourself to make any kind of scene. What good would it be to publicly detach him from yourself? Then you'd just be another rebellious rich kid who has no common sense.

You had to grit and bare it until you could find the opportunity to come up with a sound plan. It was becoming more and more apparent to you that Eugene had unofficially dissolved the deal he made with you, he was no longer interested in helping you put your father behind bars. You had to figure it out on your own, without landing behind bars yourself.

"I'm sorry, this room is no longer available."

You stared in disbelief to the landlady.

"I was just here- I've been here for the last year!" You tried to reason with her.

She frowned and shook her head, as many adults did when talking with children.

"Your guardian has already vacated all your belongings earlier today, along with any ties to this residency." She looked at you pitifully. "You can't stay here unless it's under the name of a parent or guardian."

"Even if I pay?" You tried to be cunning.

She shook her head no and you immediately deflated.

"I'm sorry kid." She tried to offer some form of comfort but you were already walking away.

This was the punishment for your first strike.

Now you either live on the streets as a runaway or move in with him and have to see him every day. And God forbid he makes the police drag you to him.

------------------

Started: February 22nd, 2024
Finished: February 24th, 2024

School should start at 10am and end at 5pm. There is no reason why I should be up and ready when the sun isn't.

Would you like to continue?