Chapter 50

You were sitting in a cafe, since it was still early in the day there weren't many people

You didn't tell Samuel but you had already pre-ordered the phone, so all you had to do was pick it up and insert the SIM card for it to be done. Which only took about five minutes.

So that gave you a lot of time for yourself, but more importantly you had someone you needed to call.

Now that you knew that you were going to be there in person you had to make a change of plans.

"Tom?" You called out softly as you held your device close.

You heard a heavy chuckle ring through your ears.

"Aww, sweet little [y/n] did you miss me?" You could already imagine the condescending grin he always presented himself with, which made you sigh.

You didn't even feel like humoring him at the moment, Samuel had already put you in a pissy mood, although it's not like you want to reflect that on Tom Lee of all people.

"Plans changed, I need the ship to not even make it to the ports view, have it gone before it can even be seen. Please." Your tone remained neutral, you didn't want to seem like you were begging or demanding, since this was the first time you've worked with him and so you couldn't gauge his pricing.

Tom was silent, which made your nerves go up.

"How about some suggestions?" He said suddenly.

You were surprised by this question.

"Specifically?" You inquired.

"The ship is supposed to be massive yes? It's just that the job being what it is and this sudden change of plans is making the payment seem.. cheap." You could feel the disappointment behind his words.

This is what I was afraid of..

"Alright then." You rubbed your temple. Honestly you had already thought of this plan, just in case the white tiger job centre didn't take your request.

"So the ship is going from Japan to South Korea right? But it's going to have to pass two islands while on its way." You let the information sink in. "First, Iki island, then Tsushima. Now, I want to share with you a small story."

He made a childish remark while waiting for you to talk, he was intrigued with where this was headed.

"In 2012 a huge ship sank along the coast of Italy, it sank because it came in contact with the rocks bordering the island. But ultimately this was entirely the captain's fault, having hired an incompetent helmsman and himself being drunk. The captain gave an order, the helmsman didn't receive it correctly, and the next thing you know people are dying." You took a deep breath.

"My point is that if a huge ship like the one coming to Korea is to be handled incompetently due to an ignorant crew and would happen to be capsized on the border of one of the nearby islands then it'd just be another case of 'ignorance at sea'." You finished.

You could tell he was thinking it over. The plan itself was risky, at least if you wanted it to be entirely staged with no strings attached.

"You really think it's possible? To make a flawless scene like that." He was doubtful.

This made you frown slightly, you needed him to be confident in the plan, the slightest hint of hesitation would put you both at risk.

"I guess that would depend on you and your employees." Was all you could reply.

Did I lose him?

You couldn't have him backing out-

"Sounds exciting!" He shouted, making you take the speaker away from your ear as much as you could.

What?

You were sure he'd back out.

"Roger that!" He cheered one last time.

All of a sudden your mood went from sour to light.

Luck ended up on your side, as always.

"But if you don't mind my curiosity, what happened to change the plan?" Tom asked slyly.

Tom loved information, if there was something interesting, he wouldn't miss the chance to get in on it.

But you just got up from your seat and walked out happily.

"Nothing, class starts soon so I'll have to let you go." You smiled and hung up.

You could imagine his childish reaction to not even saying 'bye'. You've heard a lot about his strength but seeing his personality first hand is something else.

People with power always have the privilege to say and do as they please simply because nothing anyone else says or does can touch them. You felt that this was the case with him too.

But now you had and to leave. You spent your precious time on your phone and now you have to go back to the car. Although, you couldn't deny that you were curious to see Samuel try to drag you out of there. The thought almost made you laugh.

You dialed his number and put your phone back to your ear.

"I'm on my way out, bring the car out to the front." You said as you walked out the doors.

"Finally done?" He seemed unamused as always.

"We're on the phone right now aren't we? I had just picked it up, and it took longer than I thought." He didn't need to know the rest.

"Alright."

------------

Started: November 25th, 2023
Finished: December 2nd, 2023

If I ever try to remake this book I'll do less chapters but make them longer, rather than doing more chapters but making them shorter.

Would you like to continue?