Chapter 29

You felt like you were in a bit of a rush

You felt like you were in a bit of a rush. Although nothing had gone to ruin just yet, you felt like it could still happen at any moment.

It's the kind of inkling feeling that happens when something important is going smoothly, but while it's a relief, it's also a worry that's it's going well.

like 'the calm before the storm' saying.

But you hoped that you were just stressing over nothing. It was a bad habit, always having the thought in your head that even if everything was going well there was almost always a chance that something fucked will happen. You held on to this for so long because it has saved your ass a couple of times in the past. But it was still a pain in the ass sometimes.

"The car is ready, ma'am."

You stepped out of your door and made your way out of your apartment building.

You were worried that your neighbors were going to gossip about you, but it was better than having a fancy car show up for you outside of school and drawing even more attention to yourself.

You were wearing something very classy, but not too flashy and not something that would slow you down.

You just needed to look like the rich kid you were born as for once, but it was a bother none the less. You were planning to take it off as soon as you could.

When you got to the car there was a tall, muscular man waiting to open the door for you.

You were five minutes behind your preferred time, but it was still not much of a problem.

You were smiling softly as you scrolled through your phone one last time.

Duke sent you a video of him and Daniel practicing for the festival. You were laughing quietly at Daniels nervousness. He seemed to be very shy in front of the camera. Duke was giving him reassurance throughout it.

You were seeing what Duke meant now, how even though Daniel was talented, Duke would still have to take charge.

____________________________________
Duke
***-***-****
_____

Duke

Video°

You
"You're going to have a lot of work to do, huh?"

Duke
"One step at a time.."

You
"Tell Daniel to relax a bit."

Duke
"Will do, but I don't think it'll do much for him, haha.."