Chapter 63

"So what are you thinking?" You asked her as you peaked around the corner

The staff room was locked shut, and the instructors were still there.

"Easy, we knock." Mary said nonchalantly.

"Huh?.. knock? So we intentionally get caught?" You looked at her confused.

"What? No!" She sighed. "One of us knocks, tells them there are some kids drinking alcohol, then, while they go and lecture those guys, the other one sneaks in and grabs both phones."

"Wow.. so you wanna snitch on the guys?" You smirked.

"Essentially, But it's for a better cause!" She smiled greedily."

"Alright, who knocks?" You jabbed at her. "And how do we know some of them won't stay behind?"

"That's easy. They'll wanna get there first if they want to be the first to get their hands on the alcohol." She huffed.

That's smart, the instructors drink the confiscated drinks, so whoever gets to it first gets to keep it.

"And I'm knocking, you're stealing." She decided.

"What?!" You whisper yelled.

"Girl, look at your arm, the worst punishment you'll get if you get caught is a slap on the wrist." She looked at you knowingly.

So I'm guessing it wasn't an accident that we bumped into each other...

But either way her plan wasn't bad.

Mary stuck her hand out and smiled cunningly.

"Deal?"

She was essentially using you, but it didn't bother you one bit.

"Deal."

You shook her hand and watched her make her way to the door. She knocked three consecutive times and then the door opened.

The next thing you knew, Mary was bleeding the instructors down the hall and away from the room.

And you did a count too. You knew how many of them were supposed to be there and made sure that all of them left.

That minx... You smiled to yourself. Her plan really did work.

You made your way quickly into the open door, looking around the moment you made it.

There were drawers on the corner of the room, bins were placed on the top of them.

Each labeled after the different departments.

You went up to the vocal department and started swishing around in the mound of electronics.

It wasn't long before you found Mary's phone, it stood out from the rest.

But you just weren't able to spot yours.

Could it have been mixed up with the others?

You looked towards the other bins, becoming more frantic with each moment. And just when you were about to bail, you managed to spot it, it seemed to have been misplaced somehow and ended up on the floor.

Ew.. the thought that it had been lying on this dirty floor the entire time made you want to cringe.

But without even thinking, you were already rushing out of there and away as far as you could manage until you were practically out of breath.

You calmed your adrenaline as you pulled out your phone and turned it on. It had barely any battery left, but thankfully they didn't take your chargers away.

From what you could make out, there were 3 missed calls and 5 missed messages.

But you didn't care for them at the moment, you were just happy to have your device back.

"Hey, [y/n]!"

You looked around and saw Mary jogging towards you, she had an extatic look on her face, having already seen the phones you obtained.

"Sweet! You're the best!" She smiled brightly as she snatched the phone, taking a moment to inspect it to make sure it was in good condition.

In a moment of relief, she grabbed you and hugged you tightly.

"What happened to the troublemakers?" You asked her, hugging her and giving her a pat on the back.

"Hm? Oh them. They're being forced to do squats!" She laughed as the words left her mouth.

"You devil." You joked with her as she slung her arm around your shoulder and dragged you away.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

"My room of course." She said with an eye roll. "It's about time you get more acquainted with the people in your department."

You laughed awkwardly. It had been a long day, and meeting new people? Not on your to-do list.

"We have drinks and food."

"Only for a little bit."

----------------

Started: Jan 17, 2024
Finished: Jan 19, 2024

I don't want a job, just give me the money
:(

Would you like to continue?