Chapter 36

You and Daniel ran to the sound of music

You and Daniel ran to the sound of music. He was much faster than you despite his pain. But you were able to keep your pace behind him.

"Don't worry, we'll make it in time." You reassured him. He was already late, but not enough for serious concern. Although that didn't stop him from his own anxiety.

Duke was texting Daniel where he was, they were supposed to practice some before their performance.

But he let Daniel know that Vin was still performing, which gave him time to get there.

And by the time you and him made it to the back of the stage Vin was already done.

"[Y/n], Daniel!" Duke smiled when he saw your faces.

You went up and hugged him.

"Is everything ready for you guys?" You asked.

"Yes, but we need to go immediately." Duke was very serious, he grabbed Daniel. Daniel quickly grabbed a cap and put it on backwards.

You laughed as you watched them walk away, waving at them.

"Good luck!"

And so you snuck into the crowd.

"A collaboration of the vocal and fashion departments!"

You smiled as you saw them tense up.

"Daniel park & Duke Pyeon!"

Everyone around you cheered.

Duke seemed a lot more confident than Daniel. He was smiling while Daniel was visibly nervous.

"Who is that?"

"He looks like an idol."

"He's so handsome!"

All eyes were focused on Daniel. His looks drew in everyone. And so the announcer focused solely on him.

"Do you have a girlfriend? I think you could pick anyone you'd like!"

The announcer teased him endlessly.

Duke tried to stay strong, but his mood was dropping a bit. So you called out his name and smiled at him kindly, Helping him focus on something else.

He was a very strong person, he could handle this. So even though the crowd was mocking him he still stood steady, his head lifted high. After all it wasn't like they could do any better than him.

But as soon as the music started up you noticed something.

Daniel was very tense, like he was throughout the start.