Chapter 48

When you woke up you were in immense pain, your left arm and shoulder stung beyond belief

You instinctively went to grab the bottle next to you, drugs prescribed to you by the good doctor from yesterday.

They were bitter, but they did well for the pain.

Then you quickly looked at the time. You could go to school today, but to make it on time to Busan from Seoul is about two hours by train and four hours by driving, but that's only in ideal traffic.

So you would have to immediately leave from school if you wanted to make it on time, leave early if you wanted time to at least change out of your uniform.

I'm going to take my chances.

So you got up to shower before getting dressed, it was going to be a while before the meds would kick in so you were suffering through it for now.

But just before you were able to grab a towel, you heard knocks on your door.

You made your way to the door, cautious. Who would be at your door this early in the morning? The sun isn't even up yet.

You grabbed a knife you had on your kitchen counter and held it steady.

"Who is it?" You said loudly through the door.

"Samuel fucking Seo."
He was impatient.

You sighed and placed the knife in your pocket and went to open the door.

"What the hell are you up so early for? And how do you know where I live?!" You were irritated, but so was he.

But before he could say anything you just shook your head and went to close the door again, this time for good. "I have to get ready for school, whatever it is can wait."

He caught the door before it shut, pushing it open fully with ease.

"Too bad, I'm here to take you to Busan, Eugene wants me to go with you." He looked at you unamused, before noticing your injury.

"Who fucked you up?" He smiled.

You ignored his question, instead took time to process what was happening.

"Alright come in, before the neighbors see you." You moved out of the way and he closed the door behind him as he walked through.

Samuel is supposed to be busy with his work at the 4th affiliate, he's not supposed to be running errands casually like this.. what the hell is Eugene thinking?

Samuel ignored you as you seemed frozen in your own train of thought.

He went to look through your fridge.

"No booze?"

"Under the TV, in the right cabinet."

He went into the living room as you leaned against the wall.