Chapter 24

It's been a rough couple of days

It's been a rough couple of days. After that night, you managed to catch a fever, and you've been getting excess pressure from all sides.

"Why aren't you at school?"

"[Y/n], you need to manage your grades better."

"[Y/n]... I'm really worried, are you okay?"

"[Y/n]. What are you waiting for?"

"[Y/n], when are you going to meet with Choi?"

"[Y/n], get. Off. Your. Ass."

It's like hearing the buzzing of mosquitoes constantly ring in your ears at all times of the day.

You didn't feel safe enough, not confident either. You could barely get out of the house, and you were expected to meet with the daughter of an older generation of fighters, one that wasn't afraid to get blood on his hands, and with a Yakusa and some blonde berserker.

It's a build-up of a chain of events that will most certainly be the cause of your downfall.

But the way you saw it, you didn't have much choice. Sick or not, you would still relieve the burning in your mind.

Starting with Crystal Choi.

You were going to line up everything so that with each move you made, you would make it one step closer to being done. Going from the most urgent to the least.

Little did Eugene know that you were already on top of the task. Crystal had already contacted you in response to your email. You were just waiting in order to buy yourself time to execute it nicely.

First is the location. You left that to Crystal. Her team would choose somewhere safe for her and, therefore, would ensure your meeting.

Second, you would set the mood, nothing flashy. You were planning to be inconspicuous but also in character.

You were going to be hiring a chauffeur along with a couple of bodyguards or just men in suits. Because these people weren't actually there for anything but show.

Next, you would need to look the part, something classy but also elegant. And you needed to play the part. You couldn't be too imposing or too stupid.

But most of all, you would need to keep yourself in check around Gun.

He has already met you once, so if he remembers you, well, he would already be familiar with your mannerisms. And if he were to notice something different about you, then you could gain extra eyes that you wouldn't want.

But assuming that you and Crystal would be able to speak somewhere more private, then maybe you would be able to get a break for the most part.

The next thing you had to do was to deal with your in school business.

Not only did you have to make up for the days that you missed, and to redeem yourself as an average student but you also had to find a way to get close to the schools resident pretty boy, excluding Daniel.

Daniel was more of a personal venture. He gained your eyes not through Eugene's interest but your own.

He would have to come last, but you could still befriend him in the meantime.

All you had to do was hope you didn't miss any blind spots and that everything would go how you hoped.

Other than that, you were walking to school. As you realized, you couldn't put anything off anymore. You were getting too carried away. This wasn't a vacation. This was a prison, and you had responsibilities.

This meant you couldn't miss school or be late as often as you did. Because school was just another responsibility.

So, unlike before, you were walking in class just as everyone else.

You garnered various reactions, but the most notable was the teacher. He stood with a strong scowl. He didn't appreciate how careless you were with your grades, and he wanted you to know it, but he wasn't going to bother himself talking to you.

Ignoring him, you went to your seat. Duke was sitting with his head in his arms, seemingly a bit exaughsted.

"Hey, you good man?" You sat down next to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Huh? Oh, yeah.. I'm fine." He seemed a bit flustered but also just overall tired.

I'm going to assume his audition didn't go well...

You looked up when you felt eyes peircing your soul.

Vin was looking at Duke, mocking him.

Cocky bastard.

You weren't going to say anything. That wouldn't help. You just watched him and also tried to lift his mood.

You felt like you needed to almost. Duke was a friend technically. But you also felt like it was important to keep him happy if you were to have an average school life.

Average people have friends, right?

---------------

Started: September 19, 2023
Finished: September 20th, 2023

Womp womp

Would you like to continue?