Chapter 43

"so could you repeat it? Just to make sure we deliver you the best customer service possible

"so could you repeat it? Just to make sure we deliver you the best customer service possible." Tom said cheerfully.

You had sat back down where you were a minute ago, though manager Kim was leaning against the wall still judging you. It seems like you didn't make a good first impression for him, unlike the money hungry brute in front of you.

"In about 48 hours from now the ship will leave Japan and be on destination to the port of Busan." You started.

"Which would take about 3 hours and then some..." Tom estimated.

"For it to arrive yes, but if you choose, you could intercept it sooner." You suggested, to which Tom nodded.

"And on that ship there will be 4 shipping containers. All are different in colour, the red one is the one that you can take. But only after you destroy the other 3." You stated, taking a moment to ensure that they got all of it.

"Should we be expecting company?" Manager Kim asked suddenly.

You thought for a second.

"Yes, but very few." You said.

"How few?" Tom asked.

"Maybe 10 or 20." You estimated.

They looked at each other for a moment.

"And there is money on the cargo ship?" Tom glared at you for a second, trying to scare the truth out of you, if it was a lie to begin with.

"Yes. And it's all yours." You smiled at him, trying to seem as sincere as possible.

And then you stood up, catching both of their attentions.

"Whether you do it or not is up to you. But it's getting late." You looked at manager Kim with apathy, no emotion on your face. "And like you said, I do have school."

You walked past them, but not before Tom said his piece.

"Pleasure doing business with you!"

A thud was heard as you closed the door behind you.

Manager Kim and Tom were silent for a little while.

"What a scary young lady.." Tom laughed as he sighed and leaned back on his sofa.

"How can you be so sure that she's telling the truth?" Kim asked.

Tom looked up to the ceiling, admiring the soft light.

"She's a sneaky one, but not as clever as she thinks.." he grinned. " I know those eyes from anywhere, here name is familiar too."

This made manager Kim even more confused.

"She's the daughter of that damned psychopath overseas." He said amused. "I wonder what his offspring are doing in this country.."

"What do you mean?" Kim stared at the big guy.

"Don't you get it?" Tom looked at him and crossed his arms. "A storm is on its way."

---------------

"I'm telling you [y/n]! That bitch is trying to steal him from me!!"

You groaned as you took the phone away from your ear.

"How did you get my number?" You frowned as you sat down on the couch in your living room.

Zoe huffed from the other side of the line.

"You're the only one I can depend on for this.. I'm certain that you're the only girl who isn't my competition. I think." She was thinking out loud at this point.

What was her name again? Ui? No. Yui! That's it.

You thought as you took your shoes off and turned on the TV.

"Everyone always listens to her, she's always trying to do better than me.." you could hear how disappointed she was through the line.

"I'm guessing you already know about how she is with guys?" You asked.

Zoe mumbled a yes.

"And you don't want her treating Daniel like that yes?" You asked her again to which she agreed with you.

"And.. and I thought that if you and Daniel were such close friends then you could help him, but most importantly teach her a lesson!"

Zoe was enthusiastic while you sighed.

"So you want me to snap him out of her love spell and make sure she's gone from his life for good?" You said nonchalantly.

"Exactly!" You could practically hear her smile.

You groaned, rubbing your tired eyes as you kicked up your feet on the couch.

It has been a long day...

Your eyelids were threatening to close on you at any second.

"Fine." You gave in.

Sorry Jiho, looks like I'm going back on my word.

--------------

Started: November 12th, 2023
Finished: November 13th, 2023

Womp womp womp womp womp

Would you like to continue?