Chapter 51

You were thinking hard and long the whole drive, it was hard not to, considering what was coming

You had to articulate a plan for when you were going to be waiting there, it was unlikely that Eugene was going to be present, but you still had to think of who was going to be there. You already know that Samuel's going to be accompanying you, but if you had to guess then there was  probably also going to be an executive from the 2nd affiliate there as well.

Since the whole point of this was to deliver something to them in the first place it would only make sense if someone from their affiliate were to monitor the transaction.

Now, you didn't know much about the executives of the 2nd affiliate, but you did know a lot about their president. Her name is Mitsuki Soma, if you remember correctly her family owns a pachinko place in Japan called Lucky, which almost fell bankrupt due to her fathers skirt chasing.

She was rumored to be a very independent and business driven girl, which you respected in some way, if not for the business that she does then you probably would've held her in a much higher regard.

Either way, you knew it was unlikely for her to come in person, but still you prepared yourself just in case she did.

And no matter what you thought of their business, you still needed to leave a good impression, preferably with some kind of deal.

But that also leaves you with what to do when the shipment doesn't actually arrive. It will look bad on you if they assume that your side had sabotaged something, which was why you tested to make sure that Tom would actually keep his clients confidentiality. But other than that everything was set up just the way you needed.

Even though the 'goods' are from America, the ship and crew are all Japanese, Mitsuki's people which she hired herself, so if Tom does everything the way you two discussed then you should be able to go home easily without worrying about an altercation. but you were even able to plan that out, Samuel thinks he was able to trick you into being on his side, when really it was an act you put on in case things went south at Busan, because now Samuel would have no choice but to side with you if he ever wanted to get your help in the future.

It was all a tricky process really, the technicalities of choosing and picking between the right words to even the right expressions to use when approaching certain people.

I could be an actor.

The only other person who you had met that was able to act like you was Eugene. He was hard to read at times, and he was really good at lying. If you had to name the main reason in which you had ended up under his thumb it would be that 'He beat me at my own game.'

Even now you are never really sure what his motive in everything is. You first thought it was all to attack Chairman Choi, but now you aren't so sure anymore.

"what did Eugene say exactly, when he told you to come with me?" You asked Samuel, he was patiently looking at the road ahead as you were in your own head the whole drive.