ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 7: ᔕOᗰETᕼIᑎG TᕼE EYEᔕ ᑕᗩᑎ TEᒪᒪ

The days had come and gone, but the persistent problems plaguing her company remained unchanged. Despite the return of some partners, the ones who held the key to her success were still absent. Elena felt an overwhelming urge to collapse onto her bed and surrender to tears for the remainder of the day. However, that was not her nature. It was not in her character to give up, so she continued to show up for work each day, clinging to the hope that things would eventually improve.

Elena was engrossed in reading a crucial document when the door to her office abruptly swung open. Her attention immediately shifted to Erica, whose face was contorted with anger.

"What's wrong?" Elena inquired, setting aside the papers on her desk. Erica shut the door behind her and fixed Elena with a piercing gaze.

"After reaching out to several of our major clients, we finally received some insight into why our partners supposedly severed ties with us!" Erica strode over to Elena's desk and leaned in closer. Elena's eyes widened in anticipation, silently urging Erica to reveal the information.

"Elena, three of our primary distributors and one of our suppliers have entered into an exclusive contract with Essence Corp!" Erica's brow furrowed slightly as she observed Elena's shocked expression. The news had caught her completely off guard, her eyes fluttering with disbelief and her soul consumed by profound astonishment. Slowly, she rose from her chair, her fists clenched tightly against the desk.

"Elena?" Erica voiced out, her voice tinged with concern. She knew all too well that Elena despised being overshadowed by the competition. But this time, the blow was delivered in the most despicable manner.

"Are you absolutely certain about this?" Elena stammered, her eyes reflecting a mix of indignation and defiance. Elena received her answers with a slight nod.

"Yes, it's official! Strangely enough, the client who shared this information made it clear that the contracts are to be kept secret. They're treating them as clandestine agreements between Essence Corp and our former partners!" Erica revealed. Unable to bear the weight of it any longer, Elena's hands swiftly swept everything off the table. The shattering of glass pierced Erica's ears, her eyes filled with deep concern for her friend's sudden outburst.

"THAT SON OF A BITCH!" Elena exclaimed, her voice dripping with fury. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she continued, "He knew exactly what he was doing all along!" Erica furrowed her brows in confusion and hurriedly approached Elena.

"Please, calm down! We both knew Essence Corp would seek revenge after we outshone them with our product announcement. It was only a matter of time," Erica consoled, pulling Elena into a tight embrace. Elena's eyes continued to release tears, a manifestation of the seething rage within her.

"I....I need to talk to him!!" Elena said without realizing what she said. Erica's eyes widened in slight confusion.

"What do you mean? Talk with whom? You mean Carlton Callaway himself?" Erica asked in perplexity. Elena stopped her tracks after realizing what she actually said.

"Erica? Are you actually hearing yourself? Of course not! I mean to talk to my father, who else would I talk to about this?" Elena reproached while wiping away her tears with her bare hands.

"Don't tell Clover anything! I'm sure that if she finds out about this she will be pissed as hell and would even go to Essence Corp to curse at their faces!" Erica nodded immediately and soon after saw Elena walk out of the room.