ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 53: TᕼE ᗰIᔕᔕIᑎG ᑭIEᑕEᔕ

1 ʷᵉᵉᵏ ˡᵃᵗᵉʳ

It had been days since Elena learned the shocking truth about Kelan

It had been days since Elena learned the shocking truth about Kelan. The revelation had hit her like a ton of bricks, shattering her image of him as a good person. The betrayal cut deep, leaving her more wounded than she could have imagined. The motivation to go to work every day had vanished, a feeling she never thought possible.

Now, everything had changed. Elena felt utterly alone, with no one to turn to for solace or understanding. She was convinced that the world was out to make her suffer, condemning her to a lifetime of unhappiness. Tears streamed down her face as she lay on her side in bed, staring at her phone. Kelan's number repeatedly flashed on the screen, a reminder of the turmoil within her and the turmoil he had caused.

Her phone was filled with unread messages, all from Kelan. She couldn't bring herself to open them, not wanting to be reminded of him. As much as she wanted to move on and forget, deep down, she knew her feelings were genuine. Who was she trying to fool by pretending otherwise?

Elena let out a heavy sigh as she curled up in bed, her mind filled with a whirlwind of thoughts. Her father's decision to bring Erica and Clover back to the company, Jack's improving health post-hospital discharge, and the looming announcement of their engagement all sent shivers of apprehension down her spine. And now, Kelan's unexpected marriage had become yet another obstacle in her life.

Suddenly a strange sensation crept into Elena's stomach as she realized that Carlton had indeed kept his promise from their last encounter. He had disappeared without returning to her company or attempting to reach out to her in any way. As she sat up, deep in thought, she couldn't help but wonder about his sudden and unexpected change in behavior.

"Did he really move on so quickly?" Elena muttered, her lips pursed in disappointment. With a heavy sigh, she reached for her phone and searched for Carlton's name online, curious about any recent news regarding him. As she scrolled through the search results, her eyes widened in surprise at the front-page headlines from various news outlets.

"You've always been nothing but a man whore!" Elena muttered through clenched teeth as she gripped her phone tightly. Her eyes darted across the images of Carlton at lavish yacht parties, entangled with different women. Unable to bear the sight any longer, she hurled her phone against the wall in a fit of anger. Tears of fury and despair streamed down her face, her eyes burning red with emotion.

"All men are the same!" Elena exclaimed, her voice choked with tears. In a rush of emotion, she sprinted to the door, snatched her robe, and fled the house.

Keilander was overwhelmed with desperation and helplessness, knowing that Elena was out there somewhere, likely cursing his name. He felt a desperate need to see her, to talk to her and explain everything. The weight of feeling like a failure gnawed at him, as he struggled with the anxiety of her discovering a part of his life he wasn't ready to share. He knew she wasn't prepared to learn about that significant aspect of him.