ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 57: ᗯᕼᗩT EYEᔕ ᑕᗩᑎ TEᒪᒪ

Carlton was bouncing at the private upstairs section, indulging in a night of partying

Carlton was bouncing at the private upstairs section, indulging in a night of partying. He leaned over the balcony, swaying to the beats spun by the DJ. From her table in the corner, Elena watched as he seemed to be consumed by alcohol and substances. She couldn't ignore his male friends, who were egging him on in his reckless behavior. Throughout the entire night, Elena couldn't tear her eyes away from him, drowning her frustrations in her drinks.

On the other hand, Erica was thoroughly disappointed and frustrated by the scene unfolding before her. Elena had completely lost her enthusiasm for dancing and having fun that night. Erica understood that deep down, this was the main reason Elena had come to this place - essentially to encounter the man she claimed to want out of her life.

As Elena witnessed him kissing another woman without a care in the world, she took a deep breath. Her gaze fell to her drink, her blood boiling with anger. When she finally looked up, she was startled by the poker-faced expression on Erica's face. It was clear to Elena that Erica was already aware of the turmoil raging inside her mind.

"Alright, you win! He's the reason why I'm here in the first place!" Elena confessed, defeated, as she locked eyes with Erica's unfazed gaze.

"So, you've been coming to this club for a whole month just to run into him?" Erica inquired, her arms crossed over her chest. Elena nervously nibbled on her lip as she slowly nodded in confirmation.

"Erica, I don't know what's come over me, but I feel like I need him back!" Elena uttered anxiously, hiding her face in her hands. Erica tried to maintain her composure as she glanced up at the balcony, where Carlton was clearly having a great time.

"He seems happy! Like he genuinely enjoys life again!" Erica remarked without hesitation, causing Elena to turn her gaze back towards him.

"What? Do you truly believe he's happier now without me?" Elena asked, her eyes filled with fear. Erica looked at her friend and nodded in affirmation.

"I can tell because he's behaving just like he used to in the past," she said, taking a slow sip of her drink. Elena let out a frustrated sigh and clasped her head tightly.

"You're right! He's behaving just as he did before he met me," Elena said, the realization hitting her hard as it suggested he had likely forgotten about her. Tears welled up in Elena's eyes as she grabbed her vodka and downed the last of the liquor.

"It would be inconsiderate of you to spoil his evening by attempting to win him back! Your jealousy is written all over your face!" Erica muttered. Elena looked away, deep in thought, brushing her hands against her arms.

"El, for once, stop being so self-absorbed! You need to let go of people and let them find happiness, even if it's not with you!" Erica added sternly as Elena absorbed her friend's blunt but honest words.

"Wow, I wasn't expecting you to talk to me like that!" Elena said as she wiped away the tears forming in her eyes. Erica smiled softly and took Elena's hands.