ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 77: ᖴᖇᗩGIᒪE ᗷY ᗪEᖴEᑕT

The fear of being stuck in a perpetual state of longing loomed over Elena, regardless of her current circumstances

The fear of being stuck in a perpetual state of longing loomed over Elena, regardless of her current circumstances. Every aspect of her life was scrutinized meticulously, driven by a deep-seated fear of the unknown. Now, as she tentatively touched her belly, a wave of anxiety washed over her. She carried a life within her once more, a prospect that filled her with dread and reluctance to revisit past memories. Elena's eyes betrayed the depth of her fear and disillusionment, speaking volumes about the inner turmoil she was experiencing.

As tears welled up in her eyes, Elena quickly covered her face, overwhelmed by the weight of her unexpected pregnancy and the despondent thoughts it brought to the surface.

"El?" A voice called out from the end of the room, catching Elena's attention. Her eyes met those of a concerned man who had entered her room. She pressed her lips together tightly, averting her gaze downward.

"What's wrong? Please, tell me it's not bad news. What did the doctor say?" Carlton asked, his footsteps deliberate as he approached the bed. A tear escaped Elena's eye as she met his gaze, conveying her emotions without uttering a single word.

"I'm pregnant!" Elena choked out, tears streaming down her face. Carlton's expression softened into one of sorrow as he watched Elena break down before him.

"Shhh...El....I'm....sorry! I know this wasn't what you wanted," he cooed, wrapping his arms around her tightly as they sat in bed. Elena buried her strangled face against his chest, her sobs of devastation echoing in the room.

As Elena continued crying on Carlton's shoulder, a desperate thought crossed her mind, "I don't want to become the woman who is so consumed with surviving for her children and husband that she forgets about herself, her relationship with herself." After a long and arduous day at the hospital, Elena returned home with Carlton's assistance. She couldn't help but feel as though he was treating her like a fragile, helpless woman who couldn't do anything on her own.

"Let me carry that for you!" he exclaimed, dashing towards the other side of the car as she stepped out. Elena rolled her eyes at his gesture, shooting him a swift look of annoyance.

"Are you really doing this? I can't carry my own bag?" Elena scoffed irritably. Carlton sighed, feeling the weight of Elena's annoyance as she had been difficult to please throughout the entire drive back home, no matter how he tried to assist her.

"Do as you please," he said, gesturing for her to enter the house. Elena sighed and walked inside with a serious expression. Carlton shook his head in disbelief at Elena's clear frustration with her pregnancy.

"Well, everything makes sense now as to why she was acting so emotionally unstable about her father throughout these months," he mumbled to himself as he watched her enter the house. Time seemed elusive as the clock struck midnight, and Elena struggled to fully comprehend everything Carlton had told her about their pregnancy. She pondered and racked her brain, trying to remember the details of that passionate night he had shared with her.