ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 69: ᑕᖇY Oᖴ ᗩ TᕼOᑌᔕᗩᑎᗪ ᗰOOᑎᔕ

Tears streamed down Elena's face uncontrollably as Carlton guided her towards his car

Tears streamed down Elena's face uncontrollably as Carlton guided her towards his car. Just as James was about to harm her, Carlton swooped in just in time, saving her from further abuse. Elena was in disbelief that someone had come to her rescue, her legs feeling like jelly and making it difficult to walk on her own. The pain in her heart was overwhelming as she observed her family witnessing her vulnerability right before they walked out of the house.

Suddenly, a surge of raging strength coursed through Elena, and she pushed away from Carlton's support, determined to stand on her own two feet.

"El?" he uttered in bewilderment at her sudden action. Elena gave him a look of dread as she stepped back from the shame she tried hard to conceal.

"I need to be alone! Please let me go!" Elena pleaded, tears continuing to roll down her cheeks. Carlton felt his chest tighten as he witnessed the despair etched on her face.

"El, it might be dangerous for you to drive in this state! You're not well! Please let me drive you home!" he pleaded, reaching for her hand, but Elena quickly yanked her hand away.

"I said to let me be alone! I need to be alone! Please don't follow me!" she shouted with wild eyes and sprinted towards her car, struggling. Carlton sighed in desperation as he watched her erratic behavior, fearing for her safety. Seconds later, he saw her car vanish from her parents' residence and quickly scrambled to follow her in his own car.

Elena drove away, her sobs echoing inside the car, tears streaming down her face like a rushing river. She had never felt so worthless and heartbroken in her entire life, overwhelmed by the realization of how much her father resented her existence.

She drove aimlessly until she reached the riverside of the town where Kelan lived. Her mind led her to his neighborhood without conscious thought. As she entered the area, she passed by his burned-down home. There was nothing left, mirroring the emptiness that consumed her chest after her father shattered the last remaining pieces of her heart.

After enduring so many blows, there is only so much a heart can bear. Elena stepped out of her car and walked towards the front of his house.

"Kelan!" Her hand flew to her mouth to stifle the sudden sobs as she squeezed her eyes shut in heartache. She missed him now more than ever, a feeling that was both deep and inevitable.

"I'm so tired of being strong. I'm so tired of pretending it's okay when people mistreat me," she confessed brokenly as her knees gave out, dropping her onto the ashy ground.

"I'm so tired of constantly proving how much my father means to me when he won't do the same. Why is it so difficult? Having a heart. Having the ability to forgive so easily and love so quickly, being the one who always tries their very best to make others happy. And still getting hurt, still getting taken for granted, and being left behind as though you don't mean anything," she mumbled through tears, hoping that at least the universe would hear her sorrows. Then, she slowly rose to her feet and walked without a hint of fear towards the end of the neighborhood she had just passed by with her car.

She was like the moon, lonely and full of imperfections, as she made her way towards the secluded riverside of the town. Contemplating jumping as soon as she reached the edge. The cold, dark night mirrored the full moon in the sky.

"That's the thing about being a good daughter, you forget to look out for yourself. And in the end, when they get everything they wanted, and they start walking away without looking back in your direction, you are the one who's left with a hole in your chest where your heart should have been," Elena murmured to herself as she gazed at the water before her.

And that's when they say you drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it. She had been submerged in that water for far too long, and now she was drowning.

"Let me breathe again, that's all I need," she murmured as she took a hesitant step forward, one foot dragging behind the other as she neared the river. She wanted to end it all for good this time, to breathe in a world where oxygen wasn't so scarce. However, the moon's cries reached another soul. Elena felt her arm being yanked away, and she followed the motion until she bumped into someone's chest. Her shocked eyes were blinded by the sudden darkness surrounding her, but she felt a heartbeat.

"This... this... this feels familiar!" She thought in disbelief as she looked down. The person holding her wore dirty sneakers, plain blue jeans and a long black coat. Her nose caught the scent of the one man who had never left her mind all this time. It was him, there was no doubt, as her eyes slowly darted upward.

"What are you doing? Why would you even consider getting in the water?" She heard his loud and steady voice filled with concern as he gripped her wrists in protest. Elena couldn't believe her eyes. It felt like a dream, but if she was indeed sleeping, it was a damn good one as the moment seemed so vividly real.

"Elena! Answer me. Why were you trying to get into the river at this hour? Are you out of your mind? Do you want to end your life?" He continued questioning her, his gaze intense as he stared into her wide eyes. Then it finally became clear to her that it wasn't a dream. In this reality, he wasn't smiling as he usually did in her dreams, he was actually angry and deeply concerned.

"Kelan! It's really you," she mumbled, tears streaming down her face as she observed his expressions. A genuine sense of relief and joy flooded her sad and darkened life. Keilander saw her sudden outpouring of emotion as she threw herself into his chest, wrapping her arms around him and crying out.

"Shhh... I'm right here," he whispered gently while running his fingers down her back.

 I'm right here," he whispered gently while running his fingers down her back