ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 71: OᑎE Oᖴ ᑌᔕ

Elena and Keilander raced out of the woods towards the residential area just a short distance from the riverbank

Elena and Keilander raced out of the woods towards the residential area just a short distance from the riverbank. Elena's heart raced as she kept pace with Keilander, their only goal to reach safety. Keilander felt a wave of guilt wash over him, knowing that Elena was now in harm's way because of him. With a sense of urgency, he pulled her along, his mind still reeling from the sight of armed men pursuing them in the woods just moments before.

As they fled the trained soldiers of Eldoria, the rush of adrenaline fueled Elena and Keilander's desperate escape. These men were ruthless killers who followed orders without question, their only goal being to eliminate anyone who stood in their way. Keilander was tired, exhausted from the constant evasion of his pursuers, but he knew he had to keep running as long as there was a glimmer of hope. And right now, Elena was his beacon of hope, the reason he would keep running, pushing himself to the limit to keep them both safe.

"Ahh!...Keilannn!" Elena cried out as she tumbled to the hard pavement, her face contorted in pain from the impact. Keilander's heart skipped a beat as he saw her fall, his concern for her well-being overwhelming him. Without a moment's hesitation, he rushed back to her side, kneeling down to assist her.

"It's okay....it's okay, I've got you," Keilander whispered, his breath coming in heavy gasps as he maneuvered to lift Elena gently, sliding one arm under her knees and the other supporting her back. With a deep breath, he hoisted her into his arms, determination etched on his face as he prepared to flee with her. Elena winced in pain, her knees scraped and bloody from the fall. Despite his desire to keep her safe, Keilander knew the odds were stacked against them. His heart pounded as he abruptly halted in his tracks, locking eyes with one of the men standing just a few feet ahead.

"Fuck!" Keilander cursed internally in disbelief as he took in the sight of the man brandishing a gun. Elena caught a glimpse of the revolver, her heart seizing with fear as she realized the danger they were in.

"He...he has a gun!" Elena stammered, tears welling up in her eyes. She gripped Keilander's coat tightly, her last glimmer of hope fading as the harsh reality of their situation sunk in. Everything seemed surreal until now, but the sight of the gun made it all too real for her.

"Look...it's me you want....please, just leave her out of this!" Keilander pleaded, his voice echoing loudly as he faced the three men closing in on him. His eyes were wide with fear and concern, dreading the thought of any harm coming to Elena.

"Oh, Prince Keilander! How delightful to hear your voice once more!" one of the men exclaimed, his eerie smile fixed on Keilander. Elena let out a soft gasp as the man's attention shifted to Keilander, her wide eyes flickering between them. She observed Keilander's unpredictable and pragmatic nature, recognizing his noble lineage in the way he carried himself. Despite the tension of the moment, Keilander's gaze remained steadfast on the men closing in around them, his focus unwavering as he assessed the situation.

"Commander Sullivan! I beg of you, spare this woman's life! I offer myself to you without resistance," Keilander proposed, but Elena frowned at the thought of him sacrificing himself for her.