ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 82: ᗪOᖇᗰᗩᑎT ᕼEᗩᖇTᔕ

Enduring the agony of waiting is akin to being tortured in the cruelest way imaginable. It's a feeling of helplessness, knowing there's nothing more to be done except wait. Clover and Keilander raced through the hospital corridors, desperately searching for the private waiting room belonging to the McLain family. When Clover finally spotted the secluded area, she wasted no time in pulling Keilander along with her.

"Mrs. McLain," Clover said, her voice breaking as she reached the seats by the large window. Martha looked utterly devastated, her eyes swollen and red from the countless tears she had shed. Kneeling down before Martha, Clover gently took her hands and gave them a reassuring squeeze.

"Please, tell me she's doing well!" Clover pleaded, her eyes shimmering with tears. Martha couldn't hold back any longer and broke down in tears before Clover. James let out a heavy sigh of sorrow and gently enveloped his wife in a comforting embrace. Seeing how Elena's mother leaned on her husband for solace, Clover released Martha's hands, understanding the need for the family to find strength in each other during this difficult time.

"Clover!" A voice suddenly rang out from the other side of the room, prompting her to turn in that direction. Axel was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest. Keilander narrowed his eyes at the sight of the man calling out to Clover.

"Stay here, Kelan. I'll keep you informed about Elena," she said in a hushed tone as she made her way towards Axel.

"Who is he?" Axel suddenly inquired, his gaze fixed on Kelan in the distance. Clover cleared her throat slightly and shot him a meaningful look.

"He's a friend. He wanted to accompany me to find out more about Elena's condition. Axel, what happened?" Clover asked, her gaze unwavering as she attempted to brush away a tear from her face. Axel sighed, closing his eyes as he recalled the events of that moment at his parents' house.

"Elena went to my parents' house with a gun!" Axel revealed wearily, opening his eyes. Clover's hands flew to her mouth as she shook her head in disbelief.

"She threatened them, demanding answers! But in the end, she turned the gun on herself. I remember returning home after a long day at the factories. I thought my parents were preoccupied with campaign work for the upcoming weeks because I could hear voices. However, as I approached the living room, I heard the agonizing screams of my mother," Axel recounted with a heavy heart.

"I witnessed everything as Elena threatened to take her own life in front of my parents. I never could have imagined Elena doing something so reckless and irrational! But then I heard something that even as a child, I could sense. The realization that my father never truly cared for Elena as he did for me," Axel shared, a sudden melancholy in his eyes. Clover felt hot tears streaming down her cheeks as she listened, her heart heavy with sorrow.

"In that moment, it became clear to me just how miserable and sorrowful Elena's life had been all this time. It explained why my father had never shown her the love she deserved. I grew up witnessing this dynamic, believing it was normal because that's how my father treated her," Axel confessed, a small sob escaping his lips. Clover instinctively pulled Axel into a tight embrace. She held his head against her shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her waist, crying into the crook of her neck.

 She held his head against her shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her waist, crying into the crook of her neck