ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 8: ᑌᑎE᙭ᑭEᑕTEᗪ EᗰOTIOᑎᔕ TO TᕼE ᑕᒪOᔕEᗪ EYEᗪ

Silent emotions speak volumes, for unspoken words do not equate to nonexistent feelings. Throughout countless moments, he yearned for something greater. He longed for the nights spent in her presence to stretch endlessly, wishing for a happiness that knew no bounds or hindrances. He understood the complexities that plagued their connection, for their journey had never been effortless. And now, amidst this unexpected love, he couldn't help but wonder if Elena truly comprehended the gravity of it all. To her, it seemed inconsequential, merely a fleeting desire for amusement rather than a foundation to build upon.

"Elena," Carlton began, his voice filled with uncertainty. Elena regarded him with a mixture of doubt and confusion, struggling to comprehend his recent words. Suddenly, Carlton's expression shifted, morphing into one of deep sorrow and despair.

"Since the very first moment our paths crossed, I knew that everything would change," he confessed, his voice heavy with emotion.

"You were like a forbidden fruit, tempting and enticing, but I knew indulging in you would only bring me pain and suffering."

"Yet, despite the risks, I made the conscious decision to claim you as my own," Carlton continued, his voice trembling with vulnerability.

"I understood that our connection was rooted in mere pleasure, a temporary escape from reality."

"I knew it all along," he whispered, his words hanging in the air, causing Elena's muscles to tense as she struggled to comprehend the weight of his confession.

"This can't be happening," Elena thought, her mind reeling as she watched him approach her. His eyes, once again transparent and filled with longing, mirrored the intensity she had only witnessed during their intimate moments. She had always wondered about the depth behind his gaze, and now, she finally understood. He was in love, and it terrified her.

"Elena, you have awakened a sensation within me that I never knew existed until now!"

"I am deeply in love with you!"

"You are the woman who holds my heart!" He murmured, his hand gently caressing her cheek. Elena stood there, unsure of how to respond, and took a step back, lowering her gaze. But instinctively, he knew how to take charge and seize the moment. He firmly grasped her hips, drawing her closer to him.

"From this moment forward, I promise to never act against you or your interests, if you promise to become my wife and stand by my side in front of my family," his eyes locked onto hers, intense and unwavering, awaiting her answer to his proposal. Elena was once again taken aback by his words. She had never anticipated this sudden turn of events.

Her concern evident in her eyes, she mumbled the words at him, "Your wife?" Carlton nodded slightly, drawing closer to her, his lips inching towards hers. As he licked his lower lip, her gaze dropped, a mix of emotions swirling within her.

"That's all I'm asking for."

"We can still keep this hidden from the public," he suggested.

"But our family and friends deserve to know," he softly uttered, his nose brushing against hers. She scoffed, her eyes meeting his.

"You're right."

"We shouldn't hide anymore," she murmured, her eyes steady and resolute as she deceived her true intentions. The decision had been made in her mind, and doubt no longer lingered.

"I need you every second of my life, El," he murmured, their lips almost touching. Their foreheads pressed together, her hands finding their way to the back of his neck. Gently, her nails grazed the spot behind his ear, bringing him pure bliss as he closed his eyes.