ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 11: TᕼE ᑌᑎᗷᖇOKEᑎ ᒪEGᗩᑕY

When you harbor resentment towards another, you find yourself entangled with that person or situation through an emotional bond that surpasses the strength of steel. The key to breaking free from this bond lies solely in forgiveness. Nevertheless, there are circumstances where such resentment is warranted, given the immense pain and suffering inflicted by the individual in question. It becomes arduous to extend forgiveness when those who have wronged you show no remorse for their past actions.

In the days that followed that fateful morning, Carlton found himself unable to focus on anything. Elena had presented him with a condition to be together, and it consumed his thoughts entirely. All she wanted was for him to sign over half of his shares to her. A gesture that would symbolize his unwavering love and loyalty towards her. Carlton's mind was in turmoil as he contemplated this life-altering decision.

A whirlwind of thoughts about his family swirled through his mind, contemplating their potential reactions to the news if he were ever to take such a drastic step. Furthermore, he found himself questioning whether Elena's tough stance was justified or if she was simply caught off guard by his sudden demands.

But despite a whole week slipping away, she continued to disregard him, refusing to respond to his calls, texts, and even the secret messages he had sent through various postal services. There was no doubt that she was resolute in her decision. He cursed the moment he had mustered the courage to express his emotions, yet deep down, he yearned for something greater in their relationship. However, desiring more can be perilous when the other person's sentiments remain unknown. It left him feeling vulnerable, for he had never anticipated Elena rejecting his feelings so abruptly.

"Feeling alright?" Carlton's body jolted as the voice from his left pierced through, unmistakably his sister's. Swiftly, he composed himself, coughed lightly, and returned a warm smile in response.

"Yeah! Better than ever! Why the sudden question?." He asked, his gaze fixated on her delicate countenance. A slight grin slipped from her mouth, while she narrowed her eyes playfully in his direction.

"Well, I don't know Carlton. Perhaps because I see you murdering my plant with your awful energy inside this room" she retorted, arms firmly crossed over her chest. In a swift motion, Carlton spun around, his gaze fixating on the withered plant beside him. A faint chuckle escaped his lips, reverberating through the room, as he shifted his gaze towards his sister.

"I won't take the blame for your withering plant! That poor plant was already on its last legs before I even entered this room." He retorted defiantly.

"Oh, Carlton. I hear your words, but it's clear that a gloomy cloud hovers above you! The atmosphere in this room is saturated with your negative vibes! Quite uncool!" She objected, met with a wounded expression from him.

"Pam! Please, enough with the sudden chatter! Your intrusion and nonsensical ramblings are not what I want right now!" Carlton expressed his irritation, abruptly rising from his seat with the intention to leave. Yet, his sister glared at him, promptly clutching his arm to prevent his departure.

"Brother, your negative aura is palpable to all, no psychic abilities required! Let me help alleviate whatever burdens weigh upon you," she declared, her gaze fixed upon his wide, astonished eyes.

"Pam, seriously? I don't require your psychic abilities to sort out my issues! Quit attempting to persuade me because you're absolutely failing," Carlton sneered, a self-satisfied grin adorning his face. With a dismissive gesture, he withdrew his arm and proceeded to stride out of the room. Pamela let out a weary sigh, gently shaking her head in response.

"I may be underestimated by all of you in this family, but mark my words, the day will come when you'll be begging for my assistance!" Pamela muttered defiantly, her gaze unwavering, before tending to her struggling plant. As time ticked away, Carlton found himself in a meeting with his father, discussing the ins and outs of his company. Harold, Carlton's father, was fully engrossed in the conversation, his input playing a crucial role in the company's success. Every little detail mattered to Carlton, as he highly valued his father's opinions and advice in every aspect of his life.