ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 85: TᖇᑌE ᕼEᗩᖇTᔕ ᗩᒪᗯᗩYᔕ ᗯIᑎ

Time was a precious gift, freely given yet infinitely valuable

Time was a precious gift, freely given yet infinitely valuable. It was intangible, unable to be possessed, but able to be harnessed. It slipped through fingers like sand, to be used wisely or squandered. Once it was gone, it could never be reclaimed.

Elena had lived her life in a whirlwind of unforeseen circumstances, with chaos reigning supreme and no discernible order. But as time passed, she found herself reflecting more and more on the past. Why did things happen the way they did? Where had her choices led her? In those moments of retrospection, she began to see the intricate patterns and connections that shaped her life.

As a month passed by, Elena found herself gradually regaining her independence and mastering most tasks on her own after her surgery. Throughout this period of time, she came to the profound realization that time didn't alter one's essence, but rather revealed it. The dynamic within her family had shifted, with them now embodying the essence of a true family, a concept she had never truly encountered before. Witnessing this transformation was both heartening and somewhat disconcerting for Elena, as she navigated this unfamiliar terrain of familial unity.

Elena gazed at her reflection in the mirror, surrounded by happy bridesmaids as they delicately adorned her with a veil. In her hand, she clutched white roses, their purity symbolizing the profound beauty of the moment she found herself in. She attempted to fully immerse herself in the significance of the occasion, letting the emotions wash over her. A tear escaped Martha's eye as she beheld her daughter, resplendent and ready, lost in contemplation as she stared back at herself in the mirror.

"You look beautiful, Elena! I just know you will be the most stunning bride when everyone lays eyes on you!" Martha exclaimed, her voice filled with love and pride as she gently caressed her daughter's arms. Elena took a deep breath, feeling a wave of emotions wash over her, and a small, genuine smile graced her lips.

"Thank you, Mom," Elena murmured softly, her voice filled with gratitude. Suddenly, a couple of knocks on the door broke the moment, startling everyone in the room and drawing their attention towards the source of the sound.

"Axel? You should be at the altar, waiting for your sister with the other groomsmen!" Martha exclaimed in disbelief as she saw her son entering the room, breaking the anticipation of the moment.

"I just wish to have a word with my sister," Axel stated firmly, his gaze unwavering as a hushed silence fell over the room, glances exchanged among the bridesmaids. Martha sighed and gave him a small nod, allowing him a moment to speak with his sister before the ceremony.

"Alright, everyone, let's get going! It's almost time for the bride to make her grand entrance!" Martha announced, ushering the bridesmaids out of the room. Erica and Clover beamed at Elena before exiting as directed by Martha. Elena returned the smiles, watching the flurry of activity at the door with a mix of excitement and anticipation.

"You look different!" Elena heard her brother suddenly remark. She scoffed and cast him a tentative glance, unsure of how to respond to his unexpected observation.