ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 79: TOᖇᖇEᑎTIᗩᒪ ᖇᗩIᑎᖴᗩᒪᒪ

Elena's life was a harsh reality where people inflicted pain and cruelty upon each other. It was a bitter pill to swallow when she finally understood that she had merely been a pawn in someone else's game all this time. From the very beginning, life had shown her no mercy, relentlessly breaking her vulnerable heart. Her childhood, devoid of love, left her emotionally scarred, shaping her into the person she had become.

Individuals who have experienced childhood trauma do not possess flawed brains; rather, their minds have adapted to survive in hostile environments. This adaptive response is how Elena managed to persevere through difficult times. Children view their parents as powerful figures, shaping their beliefs about themselves based on how they are treated. For a child, the words and actions of their caregivers hold immense weight, leading them to internalize beliefs such as "What you say about me is what I am."

James was a skilled manipulator, adept at influencing those around him. Manipulation, like a contagious disease, could spread insidiously within a household, posing a greater threat than the flu as its effects could persist for a lifetime. The most perilous individuals were those who staunchly believed in their own infallibility, never admitting to any wrongdoing, and were able to convince others of their righteousness.

A heavy silence engulfed the room, punctuated only by the weight of the shocking revelation that lingered in the air. Elena felt her breath escape her in a rush as she struggled to come to terms with the devastating truth. It was as if lightning crackled through her veins, causing time to slow to a crawl. Clover watched in stunned silence as her friend grappled with Jack's words, sharing in Elena's disbelief at the unfolding events.

"Elena!" Clover's voice pierced the air with fear as she witnessed Elena crumble to her knees. The earth-shattering revelation proved to be too much for her friend to bear, her body trembling with the weight of the truth. Tears welled up in Clover's eyes as she grappled with the mind-bending realization that shattered her perception of Jack. Her gaze shifted to Jack, who stood frozen in a speechless stupor, tried to understand the gravity of his actions.

"You're a son of a bitch!" Clover's voice dripped with venom as she unleashed her anger at Jack. His eyes widened as he registered Clover's palpable contempt for his words. In a sudden turn of events, he watched as she approached him, raising her arm near his face. A resounding clap reverberated through the once-silent room as her hand made sharp contact with his cheek, causing his face to snap to the side.

"You abused her! You raped her! What kind of sick person does that to a woman who was your friend?" Clover's voice reverberated with rage, her words cutting through the air as she confronted Jack. He recoiled slightly, a hand instinctively reaching to touch his now-marked face as he faced the full force of Clover's accusation.

"Fuck you! FUCK YOU, JACK!" Clover's screams filled the room as she unleashed her fury, raining down closed-fist blows on Jack. Despite his attempts to restrain her, the force of her anger surged like a tidal wave, overpowering him. Clover's skill as a lightweight boxer became evident as her punches landed with precision and power, each strike fuelled by her pent-up emotions.

"CLOVER!!... PLEASE!" Jack pleaded desperately, attempting to shield himself from Clover's relentless and swift attacks that left him breathless and defenseless.

"FUCKING LEAVE... I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU ANYMORE!! YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!" Clover's voice thundered through the house, filled with anger and hurt. Jack had no other option but to leave, and he swiftly stormed out of the house. As soon as he was gone, Clover sank to her knees, her chest aching with pain like never before. Tears streamed down her face as she grappled with the betrayal from someone she once considered as the love of her life.