ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 10: ᑎIGᕼTᗰᗩᖇEᔕ ᗯITᕼIᑎ ᖇEᗩᒪIT'ᔕ EᗰᗷᖇᗩᑕE

The haunting remnants of a troubled past refuse to relinquish their grip

The haunting remnants of a troubled past refuse to relinquish their grip. They persist, unyielding and everlasting, etching themselves as indelible marks upon one's existence. In the depths of vulnerability, a sinister force lurks, ready to inflict pain upon the unsuspecting. Those once believed to be allies reveal their true colors, biding their time for the opportune moment to strike.

Within the suffocating embrace of darkness, his senses were overwhelmed. His heart raced within his chest, each beat a thunderous reminder of his fragile state. Gasping for air, he found himself surrounded by unseen eyes, their gaze piercing through his very being. Desperation urged him to flee, yet his limbs betrayed him, burdened by an inexplicable heaviness. Bewilderment washed over him as he lowered his gaze, only to be met with a horrifying revelation - his human arms and legs had vanished, replaced by an animal's legs with hooves.

Lost in a whirlwind of confusion, he pondered his own identity while desperately seeking refuge within the depths of the forest. Suddenly, an ominous crack pierced the air, jolting him into immediate action. Fear propelled him forward, his pounding heart urging him to escape the unknown pursuer. Yet, the enigma of his hunter remained unsolved, leaving him in a state of perpetual uncertainty.

As he sprinted tirelessly, his hooves pounding against the earth, he struggled to comprehend his true nature. It was amidst the serenity of the tranquil river that the revelation struck him like a lightning bolt. He was a majestic stag, adorned with magnificent antlers that commanded attention. Gazing upon his reflection in the shimmering water, his somber, moist eyes met his own gaze. There was a profound sadness within them, a poignant reminder of the fleeting nature of existence.

"Death arrives in due time, completing life's purpose, once its value is realized. And so, I perish, just as I lived; a life destined for its inevitable end," he murmured, his voice heavy with resignation. Tilting his head upward, he was met with a chilling sight - a man, rifle in hand, taking aim at him. Then the deafening sound of a gunshot shattered the stillness.

"AHH!"

Startled awake, he jolted upright in bed, his body drenched in a cold sweat. His heart raced, pounding against his chest as fear gripped him tightly. Slowly, the creaking of the door caught his attention, drawing his gaze towards the entrance of his room.

Raymond, his concerned friend, stepped inside, his eyes filled with worry. Kelan let out a weary sigh, attempting to wipe away the remnants of his unsettling dreams from his face. The dampness of his skin served as a chilling reminder of the terror that had consumed him.

"I heard your distress, and now I see the aftermath," Raymond remarked, leaning against the wall. Kelan let out another sigh, his attempt to rise from the bed met with a struggle.

"It was just a nightmare, nothing more," Kelan muttered, reaching for his shoes, hoping a morning run would help clear his mind. Raymond chuckled softly, shaking his head.