ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 23: Iᑎ ᗩᑎOTᕼEᖇ ᒪIᖴE

² ᵈᵃʸˢ ˡᵃᵗᵉʳ

At times, the pain cuts so deeply that mere words cannot mend the wounds. In the darkest moments of sorrow, even the faintest glimmer of hope appears out of reach, like a distant celestial body. Sorrow is the toll one pays for loving intensely. And in the hush of night, the burden of sadness can become overwhelmingly oppressive.

And so, she surrendered to the numbing embrace of solitude, where everything appeared to be in order. A realm where emotions ceased to stir, yearning for something she had long desired but never attained. Just like how sex offered a temporary escape, heroin provided a means to escape the pain. Yet, like before, heroin proved to be a one-way passage to self-destruction.

She lay sprawled on the floor, back against the wall, with weary eyes and disheveled hair, gazing up at the ceiling. Emptiness enveloped her, a sensation she craved above all else. Time seemed to elude her, as she existed in a state of detached oblivion. The only certainty she held onto was that this existence felt simpler, easier to navigate.

Suddenly, a piercing wail echoed through the room, sounding like a cry of agony that shook her to the core. It was as if someone's very life force was withering away, and in that moment, the light within her own eyes flickered and dimmed.

"ELENAAAAA!.....MY BABYYYYY!!!!" The anguished cry reverberated through the room, followed by a great sob that shook her to the core. She instinctively covered her face with trembling hands, her heart pounding in fear. As she looked upon her daughter, she could see the pallor of her face, a stark indicator that something was gravely amiss.

"SOMEBODY....HELPPP!!" Martha's voice pierced the air, resonating with desperation as she cradled her daughter in her arms on the chill floor. In a frenzy of panic, she cried out for aid, her plea echoing through the walls. In response to the urgent cries reverberating within the house, Martha's loyal bodyguard sprang into action, swiftly making his way towards the source of distress.

"Mrs. McLain!!!" John exclaimed in a panic, rushing over to them and kneeling down beside them to offer assistance to her daughter.

"AAHHH JOHN.....SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH MY DAUGHTER!!!" Martha cried out, her voice trembling with fear and anguish.

"HELP ME....HELP ME!!" She sobbed uncontrollably, cradling her daughter's head in her lap as tears streamed down her face. John swiftly checked Elena's pulse, only to find none, his eyes widening in despair as he realized she may be experiencing cardiac arrest.

"I NEED YOU TO STEP BACK AND CALL AN AMBULANCE NOW!" John's urgent command cut through the chaos, his voice demanding action.

"YOUR DAUGHTER WILL BE DEAD IF I DON'T PERFORM HEART COMPRESSIONS AT THIS INSTANT," he shouted, his tone resolute as he carefully laid Elena's body on the floor. Without hesitation, he positioned himself over her and began the chest compressions methodically.

Martha, overwhelmed with distress, stumbled across the room in search of her phone. In less than seven minutes, the nearest ambulance arrived at Elena's house to provide assistance.

~