ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 56: ᗪᗩᑎᑕE TᕼE ᑎIGᕼT ᗩᗯᗩY

There is a common belief that a woman who is bored can be a force to be reckoned with

There is a common belief that a woman who is bored can be a force to be reckoned with. However, there are also those who argue that boredom is a valuable state of mind that we should embrace. When boredom strikes, our minds start to wander, searching for something captivating and stimulating to focus on.

As the weeks went by, Elena's anxiety grew as she approached the final days of her single life. She found herself turning to masturbation more frequently, and even indulging in heroin when memories of her past happiness with Kelan came flooding back. But her thoughts would inevitably drift to Carlton, and she couldn't shake her frustration with his wild and playboy lifestyle that seemed to be constantly splashed across every magazine she encountered.

"El?....are you really up for going to this club?" Erica inquired as she pulled up near the entrance. Elena let out a heavy sigh, realizing they had reached their destination after a lengthy drive. Erica and Elena's bond had strengthened ever since Erica discovered Kelan's marriage. The betrayal felt by both friends was immense, especially considering how effectively Kelan had deceived them.

Although Erica understood that Kelan only saw her as a friend, she had always held onto a glimmer of hope that their relationship could evolve into something more. However, that dream now seemed completely out of reach. Feeling just as betrayed as Elena, she had eventually ceased communication with Kelan.

"Why do you ask? " Elena asked with curiosity, gazing at Erica. Erica smiled in response and simply shrugged.

"I don't know...it's just that this club is one of Carlton's favorite spots! He's constantly photographed here, El! I don't think it's a good idea, especially with your wedding announcement coming up soon!" Erica expressed, turning off the car engine and removing the keys. Elena let out a frustrated sigh, running her hand through her hair as she gazed at her reflection in the mirror.

"Relax! We're not going in through the front entrance! My friend Freddy, who owns this place, said we can use the back entrance! Plus, the paparazzi are only stationed outside the front, so by the time we're inside, there won't be any problems!" Elena stated nonchalantly, applying another coat of lipstick. Erica shook her head in disbelief, realizing that Elena was clearly seeking Carlton's attention.

"Why don't you just tell me the truth, Elena?" Erica asked, arms crossed over her chest. Elena closed her hand mirror and gave Erica a steely gaze.

"What truth, Erica? That I simply want to experience one of the most exclusive nightclubs in the capital before my wedding announcement?" Elena retorted.

"I'm desperate to have a great time! Please don't spoil this for me!" Elena pleaded with her friend, causing Erica to let out a sigh.

"Okay, let's go around to the back," Erica said with a small smile. Elena and Erica quickly made their way to the back entrance of the nightclub, trying to keep a low profile. As they stepped inside, the music hit them with full force, the bass reverberating in Elena's chest.

"What's up, Elena! I didn't think you'd be back for the fifth time this month!" Freddy, the nightclub owner, exclaimed as he led them through the kitchen. Erica's jaw dropped in realization at his words. It dawned on her that this was Elena's fifth visit to the club in just a month, and she understood the reason why. Elena winced as she felt Erica's tight grip on her arm in response to Freddy's comment.

"Haha...yeah...I've been quite the social butterfly! Just trying to meet new people and have a good time!" Elena replied to Freddy. He chuckled at her response and pushed open the door, allowing the girls to finally catch a glimpse of the club's interior.

The nightclub was bustling with activity and navigating the crowd was a challenge as people jostled each other. Tables were in high demand, with no guarantee of finding one for a group of people. Those seated at the bar had others crowding behind them, all vying for the bartender's attention. To order a drink, people had to either make their way to the bar or catch one of the waitresses who circulated the area. Erica was taken aback by the size and grandeur of the place; it was the first time she had set foot in this famous nightclub in the city.

"Wow!" Erica murmured, prompting a smile from Freddy as he noticed her surprised expression.

"Enjoy your night, ladies!" Freddy bid them farewell before disappearing back into the kitchen. Elena smirked at Erica's astonished expression and promptly whisked her away to the nearest table.

"Oh, how fortunate... here comes one our way!" Elena exclaimed loudly, waving at the approaching waitress.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" She said with a big smile on her face. The waitress was practically naked, wearing only a thong, two diamond stickers concealing her nipples, and sporting a pink wig.

"I'll have a vodka cranberry, and my friend here will go for a whiskey coke!" Elena announced loudly so the waitress could hear. The waitress smiled at them and swiftly disappeared to fetch their drinks.

"El, this place is unexpectedly amazing!" Erica uttered into Elena's ear, a smile lighting up her face. Elena chuckled at Erica's expression and pulled her into a tight embrace. The girls leaned in to chat and giggle as they enjoyed their night together. The booming bass of the music caused Elena to close her eyes, raising her arms as she effortlessly swayed in her chair to the rhythm, letting the music resonate deep within her soul. Erica beamed at Elena's movements and wasted no time in pulling her to the dance floor.

The music filled the air, enveloping Elena as she lost herself in its rhythm. While Elena was no stranger to clubbing, this particular night felt different, almost as if it were her last night on Earth. It was a distraction from the impending hangover that she tried not to dwell on. The pulsing beats of the music controlled her movements, making her feel like a puppet on strings, her head banging so vigorously that her brain seemed to shut down momentarily. The sweat glistened on her skin as she danced, letting go of her worries and immersing herself in the moment.

Her hips swayed effortlessly in her little black dress, the sequins catching the light from the disco ball above, sending a cascade of rainbow hues into the darkness. Suddenly, a commotion broke out, capturing the attention of everyone in the club.

"Carlton!" Elena's eyes widened as she watched the guards escorting him to the second floor where the private section was located. A smile crept onto her face as she admired how handsomely he walked behind his guards. However, her smile quickly faded when he paused and ushered a woman to walk beside him, helping her up the stairs. Elena's expression turned to one of devastation, her narrowed eyes giving away her heartbreak to anyone who cared to notice.

"Elena?" Erica murmured softly as she tapped her on the shoulder. Elena jumped, snapping out of her thoughts, and turned to face Erica.

"Should we leave now?" Erica asked, noticing the change in her friend's demeanor. Elena scoffed at Erica's question and shook her head in response.

"No way! Why should we leave? Just because Carlton Callaway showed up? Why should I go because of his pathetic presence? If anyone should leave, it should be him once he lays eyes on me!" Elena muttered defiantly before swiftly making her way off the dance floor. Erica promptly followed her friend back to their table.

 Erica promptly followed her friend back to their table