ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 75: ᗩᒪTEᖇIᑎG ᗪᖇEᗩᗰᔕ Oᖴ ᖇEᗩᒪITY

Perhaps life is a form of conscious dreaming. Perhaps it is a layered dream, where we experience false awakenings. Maybe true lucidity and enlightenment only come when we reflect on life after we wake up. Perhaps the visions never cease. The fact that we can dream and have moments of heightened awareness even during the unconscious periods of our lives gives us reason to believe that a deeper spiritual realm may await us after death.

Elena sensed his comforting presence, enveloped in warmth as their bodies lay entwined in bed. His protective arm wrapped around her, cradling her as she drifted in peaceful slumber, a content smile gracing her lips. Their love burned fiercely, transcending mere affection. In that moment, everything felt right, and she found solace deep within her very being, a rare tranquility settling over her troubled soul. As time slipped by, her eyelids fluttered open, only to be met with a sudden void beside her in bed.

"Kelan?" she whispered, clutching the sheets around her as she made her way to the door. As she approached, faint voices began to seep through from the other side.

"Kelan, your mother has received asylum approval for the islands of Surroah," Raymond announced, his words met with Keilander's growing unease.

"Surroah? They've granted us asylum to live there? Why now?" Keilander exclaimed, rising to his feet and pacing the cramped room in frustration. Raymond watched him with a furrowed brow, puzzled by his sudden despondency towards the long-awaited opportunity for asylum.

"Why the sudden change? Just yesterday, you were the one pushing me to reach out to your family, eager to leave this country," Raymond expressed, his confusion evident. Keilander let out a heavy sigh, running a hand over his face in utter despair.

"Ray, I just patched things up with Elena! I can't bear to let her down with another secret about where I'm headed," Keilander confessed, his sorrow palpable as he leaned against the wall, his inner conflict laid bare. Raymond extended a comforting hand to Keilander's shoulder, meeting his gaze with understanding.

"This is about your safety, Kelan! Your life is in grave danger now more than ever. We've been in hiding for five years, waiting for a country to offer asylum to your family. It's no longer safe to remain here. She will understand, Kelan. If she truly loves you, she will support your decision to leave," Raymond reassured, his eyes filled with empathy. As Elena overheard the conversation, her heart shattered once again. Tears welled up in her eyes, her chest aching with despair. It seemed that what she desired was always out of reach. The universe seemed intent on playing with her emotions. Now, she was faced with losing the person she truly loved.

Elena made her way back to the bed, her thoughts drifting far away from her present reality. This was her coping mechanism when her inner turmoil became too much to bear. As fifteen minutes ticked by, she was jolted from her reverie by a sudden presence in the room. She turned to see Keilander hesitantly entering, his face betraying his nerves as he anticipated the difficult conversation ahead.

"El?... Are you okay?" Keilander inquired softly as he approached the bed, taking a seat beside her. Elena gazed at him with a blank expression, devoid of any emotion.

"You have to go," she stated abruptly, catching him off guard. Keilander cleared his throat, running a hand through his hair nervously.

"How much did you hear?" he inquired. Elena looked away, a tear slipping from her right eye, betraying the depth of her emotions.

"El, please... don't cry. I can't bear to see you like this. I'm sorry," he said, his eyes filled with anguish as he gently lifted her chin to meet her gaze.

"Don't misunderstand me, Kelan! I'm not crying because you're leaving me behind. I'm crying because I know you'll be taking my heart with you," she confessed, her voice heavy with sorrow. Quickly gathering her scattered clothes, the sheets slipping from her figure, she hurriedly put on her panties. Keilander felt a lump form in his throat as he watched her dress.