ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 38: TᕼᖇᑌTᕼᖴᑌᒪᒪY ᕼOᑎEᔕT

Elena and Clover have always been best friends, their bond unbreakable despite their contrasting upbringings

Elena and Clover have always been best friends, their bond unbreakable despite their contrasting upbringings. Clover, who had achieved great success and wealth through her dedication and hard work, still held onto her working-class roots. With both her parents deceased and no siblings, she only had occasional visits from her aunt once a month.

During their first year at college, Elena and Clover struck up a friendship. Clover couldn't forget how challenging it had been for Elena to adapt to her new surroundings. Growing up in Romania for seven years, Elena never imagined leaving Arnovia until she mysteriously found herself in a different country. With her parents only visiting twice a year, Elena couldn't shake the feeling that she had done something to deserve being sent away from home in her childhood. Only being a nine year old girl.

When she started college the year she left Romania, Elena enrolled in a business and economics program. She struggled to connect with others because the boarding school she attended had instilled in her the values of toughness, discipline, and hiding any signs of weakness. When she returned home, she found her father practicing the same strict teachings she had experienced at boarding school. His words echoed those of her instructors, shaping and refining every aspect of her being.

Before meeting Erica, Clover was the only other girl who truly empathized with Elena's experiences. They bonded over the shared understanding of growing up without the guidance and warmth of their parents. Both Elena and Clover never fully grasped what it was like to receive that parental support during their formative years, which only deepened their connection.

"What exactly happened when your parents found out?" Clover inquired, a sense of foreboding creeping in. Elena let out a heavy sigh, a wave of regret washing over her as she avoided meeting Clover's gaze, her eyes fixed on her hands.

"I was in a coma for nearly four months," Elena disclosed, prompting a gasp of disbelief from Clover.

"What?... El!" Clover gasped, the severity of Elena's condition finally hitting her as she pieced together the puzzle of her prolonged absence.

"I was bedridden for almost four months, completely disconnected from the world around me. And when I finally regained consciousness, I found myself in a completely unfamiliar setting,"

"My father sent me to Romania so they could treat me discreetly," Elena revealed, a tear slipping down her cheek. Clover felt her chest constrict at the revelation, realizing the weight of the truth. She knew how much Elena despised the country, tainted by the memories of her traumatic childhood at the Girl's Summit Institute, a boarding school established by one of her father's associates in Romania, who also occurred to be the president of the country at that time.

"Unbelievable! They sent you back there again?" Clover exclaimed, her eyes widening in disbelief. Elena simply nodded in response.

"My father paid a fortune to set up a space for me there. He covered the costs for the medical care, therapies, psychiatrists, and everything else needed for my recovery from the coma," Elena explained solemnly.