ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 19: ᖴOᖇ ᗷETTEᖇ Oᖇ ᗯOᖇᔕE

Men in the throes of passionate love often create idealized versions of their partners in their minds, expecting them to fulfill specific roles and becoming crestfallen when reality falls short of their fantasies. Carlton's disappointment and exasperation were palpable, with even Grant sensing that this behavior was uncharacteristic of his friend. Unable to understand the root of Carlton's distress, Grant was left feeling helpless, unsure of how to offer support when his friend remained tight-lipped about the challenges he was facing.

Grant was completely bewildered by Carlton's sudden silence. It was unlike him to keep quiet about anything, especially when they always discussed everything, even if it meant having to disappoint each other. It had been a while since Carlton had been so guarded about his interactions with women. Grant understood that Carlton's flamboyant playboy persona was just a mask to hide the true nature of his relationships.

Grant was aware that Carlton was involved in an inappropriate relationship, but he couldn't shake off the unease about who it might be. He let out a heavy sigh as he studied the paparazzi photos spread out before him. The paparazzo seemed smug and unyielding, ready to auction off the scandalous images to the highest bidder, a revelation that could potentially rock the entertainment industry and even the stock market.

"So?...Are you going to buy them? I've already got another tempting offer!" the paparazzo said, his expression smug. Grant turned his gaze towards the man standing before his desk, his eyes piercing and unyielding.

"And who is this other party offering you money?" Grant questioned, his gaze unwavering and challenging. The man cleared his throat and straightened up in his seat, meeting Grant's intense stare.

"The DailyZoom! They offered me half a million for all fifty pictures," the paparazzo replied. Grant took a deep breath, pondering the implications of his friend's compromised personal life and reputation.

"Are you certain there are only fifty pictures? Do you not have more?" Grant inquired, his gaze unwavering. The paparazzo shifted slightly, avoiding Grant's penetrating stare as he considered his response.

"Well, I do have a six-minute video of him leaving her place five months ago," the paparazzo revealed. Grant listened intently, maintaining his composure as he processed this new information.

"So, you first discovered their relationship five months ago?" Grant inquired, prompting the man to look up briefly as he tried to recollect the timeline.

"Not exactly! I initially thought it was his residence as I was following him. But the following day, I saw her emerging from the garage, and that's when I realized he was actually visiting her and staying overnight," the paparazzo explained, crossing his arms defiantly.

"And how much are you asking for it?" Grant asked immediately. The man smirked and shook his head lightly.

"It's not for sale! It's my insurance against any potential lawsuits if you ever try to come after me!" he declared with a wide smile. Grant chuckled softly at the man's boldness and clever strategy to safeguard his reputation.

"Well, you certainly know your way around this business!" the paparazzo remarked.

"Fine! I'll offer you one million dollars if you sell all the pictures to me and agree not to sell the video to anyone else," Grant proposed, maintaining direct eye contact with the man.

"Deal! Where do I sign?" The man's demeanor shifted entirely, his eyes gleaming with anticipation at the substantial sum of money he was about to receive.

~