ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 48: ᗰY ᗯᗩY

¹ ʷᵉᵉᵏ ˡᵃᵗᵉʳ

The night sky shimmered with an array of twinkling stars, casting a magical glow over the world for Elena. With excitement coursing through her veins, she drove with determination towards Kelan's house, eager to surprise him with her unexpected visit. As she pulled up to the house, she noticed the warm glow of lights shining through the windows, a sign that someone was home. Quickly parking her car, she sprang out and hurriedly made her way to the front door. The sound of loud barking echoed from inside, accompanied by the sound of approaching footsteps.

"Kelan!" she exclaimed, her eyes wide and her smile bright as she caught sight of him in front of her. However, as she observed his reaction, she could sense that her surprise visit hadn't quite been received in the way she had hoped.

"What... what's wrong?" she asked, her smile fading as she sensed Kelan's disappointment. He scoffed at her question, giving her a look that conveyed his frustration.

"What's wrong, you ask?" he uttered, annoyance clear in his voice. Elena, sensing his frustration, immediately reached out and grasped his arms, drawing closer as she searched his eyes with concern.

"Kelan... okay, look... I... I'm sorry! I understand why you're upset with me, and I truly apologize," she uttered, tightening her grip on him. Kelan let out a frustrated sigh and shook his head in response.

"Elena, you've been ignoring me for days! I'm actually surprised you didn't forget my address too!" he quipped angrily, yanking his arms away from her. Elena gasped in bewilderment, realizing he was more than just upset – he was furious with her for ignoring and rejecting his attempts to spend time together.

"Kelan, please... I've been so busy lately, things have been really hectic, but in a good way. Sales are up, and I've been feeling more positive. I've just been so stressed and emotionally drained, I had to focus on getting everything right," she explained as she followed him inside. Kelan sighed, his face remaining stoic and unpleasantly annoyed as he listened to her apology.

"Yeah, you're busy now because you fired both of your friends from your company? How inconsiderate can you be, not even trying to solve the problem before resorting to layoffs?" Kelan chided, causing Elena to gasp in shock at his criticism of her actions towards her friends.

"You've been talking to Erica because I wasn't giving you enough attention?" she asked, her eyes wide with surprise. Kelan crossed his arms and squinted at her in response.

"Now, why shouldn't I? She's my friend too, one who truly values my friendship and time!" he uttered, his eyes unwavering. Elena took a deep breath, processing his words. A sudden surge of anger pulsed through her, evident in the fire that flashed in her eyes, a reaction Kelan quickly noticed.

"I fired them because they were constantly judging and criticizing everything I did in my company! Do you know how it feels to realize your friends aren't who you thought they were?" Elena exclaimed, her eyes filled with both anger and sadness, tears threatening to spill over.

"I came here to celebrate with you, to share how much brighter my days have been recently. I couldn't go another day without seeing you. But look at us now! I can already see this isn't going as I had hoped," she said, a tear slipping down her cheek. Her eyes were filled with a mix of anger and hurt, shooting daggers at him.

"Elena!" he muttered, grabbing her arm before she could step back. Elena looked at him with disdain as he approached.

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have lashed out at you like that. I just need you to understand that your recent actions aren't what I expected from you," he said, his tone sincere.