ᑕᕼᗩPTEᖇ 21: ᒪOᔕT ᗩᑎᗪ ᖴOᑌᑎᗪ

There are individuals who seem to enter your life just when you need them the most. They provide support and encouragement, shining a light on the positive aspects even in the darkest of times. These individuals can only be described as earthly angels, sent to guide and uplift you when you need it most.

Elena's wide-eyed astonishment at Kelan's unexpected appearance prompted a mumbled "Kelan?" Her surprise was evident, but Kelan couldn't help but smile at her reaction, finding it amusing how taken aback she seemed by his presence.

"Elena, what a pleasant surprise! What brings you to Kinston?" Kelan asked, his gaze steady as he observed her slightly anxious and nervous demeanor. Elena let out a nervous laugh as she attempted to tuck her hair behind her ears.

"I...I...I don't know...I just got lost in the area and stopped by to ask for directions!" Elena lied, trying to maintain an innocent facade. Kelan smiled warily as he scanned the surroundings. His keen eyes quickly noticed Lance on his porch, eyeing them both with suspicion.

"I see...well, it's your lucky day because I live around here and I can help you find your way back home!" Kelan offered, his smiling eyes trying to reassure her.

"Oh...I mean...how fortunate to run into you here! I was feeling quite anxious being lost on my own!" Elena's anxiety was palpable in her stance. Kelan quickly took her arm, guiding her down the street with a gentle grab by the hand.

"I mean...what were you thinking, coming to this neighborhood? Don't you know this is one of the worst areas you could end up in?" Kelan muttered under his breath as he continued leading her away.

"I...I...I really did get lost...my GPS is malfunctioning! It led me here!" Elena explained, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Is this your car?" Kelan inquired, noticing the only luxury vehicle in the vicinity. Elena nodded, feeling a tinge of embarrassment wash over her.

"You're fortunate that no one has spotted your car yet! It wouldn't have remained untouched for long in this area," Kelan remarked, his gaze fixed on her. Elena slowly met his eyes, seeing the genuine concern reflected in them, a poignant light of worry shimmering within.

"Thank you! I don't even know why I ended up here! I...I just felt so lost and alone that I needed to ask for help," Elena confessed, her eyes glistening with emotion. Kelan let out a soft sigh and tenderly reached out, gently brushing his fingers against her cold cheek.

"Promise me you won't come here again! Promise me that whenever you feel lost, you'll call me," Kelan stated, gazing deeply into her eyes. Elena gasped slightly, struck by the intensity she saw in his eyes, something profound and resonant.

"Give me your phone," he said afterward, bringing her back from her reverie.

"Ah, yes!" Elena quickly retrieved her cellphone and passed it to him. She observed as Kelan typed his phone number and saved it as a contact.

"Feel free to call me whenever you need help! I promise I'll come to you as soon as possible," Kelan reassured her with a warm smile.

"Why are you being so sweet and kind to me? I don't recall being as nice the first time we met," Elena softly murmured, her eyes welling up with tears. Kelan observed the sudden shift in her eyes, noticing how they quickly turned somber.

"Because I sense that deep down, you need someone to help you out! And sometimes, strangers can be better companions than those you already know," Kelan said, gently brushing a strand of hair away from her face. Elena couldn't hold back any longer and broke down in front of him. Her face contorted in seconds, and she rushed into his arms, embracing him tightly as she sobbed on his shoulder.