ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 17: ᗷITTEᖇ ᗷᒪOOᗪ

The majority of people are inherently good but may occasionally make poor choices. There are those who have a tendency toward bad behavior but make an effort to restrain themselves. On the other hand, there are individuals who are deeply corrupt and show no remorse as long as they can avoid being caught.

Evil, however, is in a league of its own; it is evil that convinces itself that it is actually good. Evil intentions can act as a snare, trapping the one who harbors them.

Elena strolled down the hallway, absorbed in the morning news on her phone, a routine she had grown accustomed to. As she entered her office, her attention was immediately drawn to her brother sitting at her desk. A wave of unease washed over her, a sense of foreboding creeping in. Something felt different this time, sparking a sense of apprehension within her.

"Axel? What are you doing here, sitting at my desk? Did you get lost or something?" Elena asked, her arms crossed in front of her.

"Oh, hi, sister, I was just waiting for you! Seems like you had quite the night. Everyone was looking for you!" Axel muttered as he stood up. His expression hinted at mockery, a sly grin playing on his lips as he alluded to the events of Nonna's birthday.

"Really? I don't remember receiving any calls," Elena retorted defiantly, unimpressed by his mocking tone. A smile crept onto Axel's face.

"I meant the staff inside the house, Elena! Lily, Nonna's helper, was looking for you," he clarified. Elena rolled her eyes at his obvious sarcasm.

"Yesterday, she mentioned that one of the catering workers disappeared. Did that person leave with you?" His gaze bore into her, but Elena dismissed his irritation with a scoff. However, his next words sent a wave of anxiety through her.

"Did you sleep with him as well? Elena, how promiscuous can you get? We both know you use sex to escape your problems," he accused boldly. Elena gasped at the implication, her eyes flashing with anger towards him. But his laughter rang out as soon as he saw her reaction.

"You look like you're struggling, going through a tough time!" he remarked mockingly.

"And what do you expect me to say? It seems like you take pleasure in seeing me like this, don't you?" she retorted, prompting a burst of laughter from him.

"I quite relish it! It brings me joy and a sense of satisfaction!" His voice rough with amusement. Elena raised an eyebrow as she smiled defiantly.

"Great! I'm glad to hear that we're on the same page! I find pleasure in your misery too, brother! And I'm well aware of your sorrowful and tragic reality!" she muttered as she made her way to the liquor counter. Pouring herself a glass of whiskey as she heard her brother's footsteps approaching.

"What tragedy? I don't remember experiencing any!" He chuckled. Elena quickly faced him, raising the glass to her lips and savoring the taste of the liquor.

"You're laughing! It's good to see you're not bothered by the fact that you're unable to have children!" Her words caused a flicker of fear in his eyes. His posture shifted, his hands balling into fists.

"I wonder what Dad would say about his heir not being able to give him the grandchildren he desires. Who will carry on our family name?" Elena remarked with a smirk. Axel made a noise in his throat, trying to respond.

"I'm not sure what you're getting at because I am perfectly capable of having children!" He stated firmly. Elena chuckled as she walked over to her desk.

"I highly doubt that! Now I see why you've been so determined to undermine me in Dad's eyes! I thought you had a change of heart five years ago because you wanted to show Dad that you were capable! After all, Dad would have been sorely disappointed in you if he had an inept son who couldn't even provide him with grandchildren!" She mocked, crossing her legs nonchalantly. His eyes widened in shock at her accusations.

"We all understood that Dad is very traditional in his beliefs! To him, a man must be capable and productive, not feeble or unable to start a family or run a business."

"You were fully aware that if you couldn't have children and continued with that rock band, Dad would have cut you off!"

"Exactly! And knowing that your accident left you unable to have kids, you had to figure out a way to hold onto your wealth and lifestyle!" She declared firmly. Suddenly, laughter erupted in the room, Axel completely overcome with amusement.

"You're unbelievable! How ridiculous can you get to invent such tales?" He chuckled, casting a playful glance her way.

"I feel sorry for you, for being such a pitiful and sorry excuse for a woman!" He retorted with a laugh. Elena sat in silence, observing the unexpected exchange. She was put off by her brother's attitude. Axel had been visibly tense just moments ago, but now he appeared completely at ease and unaffected by her words.

"Do you really think that will make Dad cut ties with me? Are you that foolish?" He strode over to her desk, leaning against it as he locked eyes with his sister.

"You can't touch me! You know it! I've endured your twisted and malicious tactics for years, but I'm tired! I'm done playing your games, Elena. There isn't a soul on this planet unaware of how wicked and troubled you truly are!"

"I know it was you who tampered with my car that day! You caused the accident! You tried to murder me that day! Just like when you blamed me for father's dog's death when it was actually you who drowned him!"

"Always pointing fingers at me, manipulating and deceiving everyone to believe the worst of me! That's why I won't endure your mistreatment anymore! I'll fight back, even if it means playing just as dirty as you do, or maybe even worse."

"Come at me again, sister! Because I'll find a way to get to you, one way or another!" He muttered fiercely and briskly exited the room, leaving a terrified woman in his wake.

Hi guys, here's a short chapter for you!
✨✨✨
I'm feeling a bit uninspired about this story! Trying my best to continue writing more.

Take care💕