ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 55: ᗷIGGEᖇ Tᕼᗩᑎ TᕼE ᗯᕼOᒪE ᔕKY

Elena pushed through the difficult days with a heavy heart, hoping that they would eventually come to an end

Elena pushed through the difficult days with a heavy heart, hoping that they would eventually come to an end. She went about her daily routine as if nothing had happened, returning to work, attending meetings, and immersing herself in fulfilling her father's wishes. Each night, she shed tears as she witnessed Axel being showered with praise by their father during family dinners and gatherings with guests. Feeling small and unnoticed, Elena yearned for her father's recognition. All she desired was for him to see her as the perfect daughter he had always hoped for.

James's political journey began with a bold move - stepping down as the head director of the stock market union to pursue a career in politics. This decision sent ripples through Elena's family, sparking chaos as they dove headfirst into a whirlwind of ceremonies, political rallies, and high-stakes dinners with esteemed officials from across the states. The once steady rhythm of their lives was now a frenzy of activity, as James embarked on his new path towards the country's elections.

Axel had achieved his long-held aspiration, rising to the coveted position of head director of the stock market union, succeeding his father. With this new role, the weight of responsibility for their family's businesses now rested on his shoulders, a daunting prospect. As Axel's success solidified, Elena found herself increasingly marginalized in her father's eyes. While she felt the sting of insignificance, it was abundantly clear that her father expected her to accept this new reality and conduct herself accordingly.

Striving to maintain an impeccable image, he aimed to portray himself as a man of honor and strong family values, showcasing how the country could benefit from his leadership.

Meanwhile, Elena let out a weary sigh as she made her way down the office corridor towards the women's restroom during her lunch break. Feeling the weight of the day's stress, she longed for a moment of respite and decided to refresh herself by splashing some water on her face.

Upon entering the bathroom, Elena spotted Clover hunched over the wide countertop sink, her head in her hands. Approaching the sink next to hers, Elena turned on the tap, causing Clover to startle at the sound and acknowledge Elena's presence in the room. With a weary eye-roll, Clover gathered her composure and summoned the strength to pull herself together in that moment.

"Are you okay?" Elena inquired softly, her eyes reflecting concern as she observed Clover. In response, Clover scoffed at Elena's apparent display of care and shot her a disdainful sneer.

"Save your fake concern, will you! I can practically see you itching to tell me that keeping my pregnancy was a mistake! Despite feeling sick, it's the most wonderful feeling ever!" Clover retorted with tired, drowsy eyes, making Elena feel even more uncomfortable. It was evident that Clover was unwell, and it pained Elena to see her friend in such a state.

"Clover, please, just relax and take it easy! It's clear you're not feeling well. Let me help you," Elena offered, stepping closer to Clover. However, Clover quickly recoiled, backing away from Elena's outstretched hand.

"I told you to stop pretending, Elena! I don't want you near me! The way you treated me still cuts deep in my heart," Clover uttered, her eyes welling up with pain. With a swift motion, she walked past Elena, but before Elena could react, Clover collapsed onto the floor, causing Elena to lose her composure.

"CLOVER!!" Elena screamed in terror, dropping to the floor beside her friend. Frantically, she cradled Clover's head in her lap, calling out for assistance. After an agonizing hour of unconsciousness, Clover slowly opened her eyes. The room appeared hauntingly familiar, and it suddenly dawned on her that she was in her own bedroom at home. As she tried to piece together what had occurred and how she had returned, a throbbing ache in her head clouded her thoughts.

"Easy now, Clover...the doctor said you need to rest for the day," Elena's voice gently startled Clover, who turned her attention to the figure sitting beside her bed. With a tender smile, Elena looked at her friend's bewildered expression, offering reassurance and comfort in her gaze.

"El?" Clover mumbled in disbelief. Elena gave her a small nod before slowly approaching the bed and sitting on the edge. She reached out for Clover's hand, offering a comforting touch to reassure her friend.

"Clo... I know I've been a completely heartless person, hurting your feelings and berating you in the most despicable way possible. I'm far from being the best friend... and I'm sure you already knew that. But that's no excuse for how I treated you," Elena confessed, her voice filled with remorse and regret.

"I'm sorry, Clo! I'm truly ashamed and sorry for what I said to you! Please forgive me, I can't bear to be without you any longer," Elena poured out, a tear slipping from her left eye. She squeezed Clover's hand tightly, watching as her friend gazed back at her with eyes filled with sorrow and contemplation.

"I've tolerated it for far too long, El! What was growing inside me should have been celebrated, and I wasn't going to let you say all that without an apology!" Clover asserted, her tone firm and resolute.

"Elena, I love you so much... but sometimes I forget how vengeful, egocentric, and selfish you can be towards those around you! I cried every night because of you. And then I started crying because I lost the precious life that was trying to grow inside me," Clover choked on her words, her hand flying to cover her mouth as tears streamed down her face, her body racked with sobs. Elena's heart plummeted in her chest upon hearing about Clover's loss.

"You have no idea how difficult it has been for me... I bury myself in work to avoid thinking about my sad and lonely life without my baby! Here I am grieving the loss of a child, while you probably didn't even care when you didn't give yours a chance to live !" Clover cried even harder, overwhelmed by the unfairness of life. Elena's eyes brimmed with tears as she watched her friend's emotional breakdown.

"Elena, why are you so trapped in a fantasy that only causes you pain every time you dream? You have to understand that living your life isn't about fulfilling your father's wishes. You need to forgive those who have hurt you and move forward. Otherwise, you'll remain stuck in a life that will only consume you until the end," Clover spoke earnestly, gripping Elena's arms tightly in an attempt to help her friend see the truth of her situation. Elena broke down in tears and threw herself into Clover's chest, wrapping her arms tightly around her dear friend's neck.

"I'm sorry... I'm so, so sorry for your loss, Clo! Please believe me, I never wanted anything bad to happen to you," Elena sobbed in her friend's arms. Clover embraced Elena tightly, feeling the depth of her friend's remorse and the sincerity in her words.

"I know, El! I know," Clover whispered softly as she gently brushed her hands against Elena's spine. After a few moments, Elena pulled back slightly, gazing into Clover's sorrowful eyes. She reached out her hand and tenderly cupped Clover's cheek.

"I'm sure that your little angel is watching over his or her mother from the sky. Clo, I promise I will never leave you alone again. I'll be here with you forever," Elena whispered softly, pressing a gentle kiss to Clover's cheek. A bittersweet smile crossed Clover's face as tears continued to fall down her cheeks.

"Stay with me tonight, El," Clover murmured, embracing Elena once more. Elena smiled warmly in response, slipping under the covers and settling in next to her friend. Their friendship, delicate yet remarkably resilient, was once again restored to the bond it had always been over the years.

Poor Clover, she lost an angel!👼