ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 33: ᗪOᑌᗷTᖴᑌᒪ ᕼEᗩᖇT

Seeing her standing in front of him was completely unexpected

Seeing her standing in front of him was completely unexpected. He had never imagined that she would return after such a long time. After countless calls to Erica in search of any information about Elena's whereabouts, he finally felt a sense of peace. It was a moment of comfort at a time when he thought he had lost someone he cared about. His eyes sparkled with a new light, reflecting the plethora of emotions rushing through him. Elena returned his smile, her own joy reflected in his face.

"Elena? My God you're here!" He exclaimed with sheer delight, moving forward to envelop her in a warm embrace. She was taken aback by his sudden display of affection, but her heart warmed knowing that he was genuinely happy to see her.

"I...I thought something terrible had happened to you... I was... praying to see you again," he murmured, holding her tightly in his arms. Elena smiled, reciprocating the hug and resting her head against the crook of his neck. She caught a faint citric scent from his shirt, realizing he probably had just returned from work. Her hands gently gripped the back of his shirt as she allowed herself to fully immerse in the comforting embrace.

"Where were you all this time?" He whispered softly, breaking the hug to gently cup her face in his hands. Elena gasped slightly as she met his gaze, finding his eyes incredibly close, their depth both enigmatic and sweetly enticing.

"Uh... I had an urgent matter that required me to fly out of the country for all this time," she explained, avoiding his gaze, unable to lie to those eyes. Kelan smiled softly at her response and gave a small nod.

"I understand! I'm probably being too much right now, asking you for an explanation like you owe me one!" He chuckled in disbelief at his own questioning, slowly retracting his hands. Elena smiled tenderly at his actions and quickly reached out to grab his hands before they could fully retreat.

"No, it's okay! I... I'm just happy to know you actually missed me," she said softly, her big, dewy eyes locked on his. Kelan gently lifted his left hand to tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"I've missed you a lot," he admitted with such intensity that it sent shivers down her spine. A wave of unexpected emotion swirled in her stomach. Their eyes remained locked, moving closer until just before their lips could touch, Reeve's sudden appearance startled them both. The dog's excitement was palpable as he ran toward Elena at the door, howling with joy at the sight of her. Kelan was surprised by Reeve's sudden reaction, a grin forming on his face at the dog's exuberance.

"Reeve! Oh, I missed you since the last time I saw you!" she cooed, crouching down to pet him eagerly. Kelan chuckled at Reeve's attention-grabbing tactics aimed at the girl he liked.

"Come inside," he said, gently grasping her wrist and pulling her into his house, with Reeve following closely. Leading her to the couch in the small living room, he motioned for her to sit. Elena smiled and settled onto the couch, her bright eyes fixed on him.