ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 22: ᗪᗩᑎGEᖇOᑌᔕ ᗰOᐯEᔕ

Recalling comes effortlessly to those with memory, but letting go proves challenging for those with a tender heart. Kelan held onto vivid recollections of that time, a period both cherished and agonizing to revisit. Moving forward was a struggle, leaving his loved ones behind was a torment he couldn't bear. The thought of erasing his past was unfathomable to him, as he longed for a brighter future.

Elena observed him closely, noting his distant look and deep in thought expression. He seemed lost in contemplation, leaving her puzzled. She could sense the difficulty he faced in discussing his experiences in Eldoria.

"Kelan?.....Kelan!" she voiced, reaching for his hand, a gentle squeeze jolting him back to reality. His eyes met her concerned gaze.

"Kelan.....I'm sorry.....we can talk about something else if you prefer! I don't want to pry or make you uneasy about what happened," she said, squeezing his hand reassuringly. Kelan smiled tenderly at her gesture and shook his head slowly.

"I haven't had anyone ask about my homeland in ages! It stirred up some emotions," he confessed, his eyes reflecting his sadness. Elena quickly reached for his other hand, clasping both tightly on the table. His expression shifted as he felt the warmth of her touch.

"Do you want to talk about it? I'm here to listen. It's the least I can do after everything you've done for me," she offered, gently squeezing his hands. Kelan was touched by the gesture, his gaze filled with gratitude and warmth.

"Thank you, but I'm not ready to discuss it just yet," he replied, as she nodded in understanding.

"That's okay. I get it. It takes courage to open up about parts of your life that may not be easy to talk about," she expressed, her face reflecting her empathy. He smiled in return and returned the gesture by squeezing her hands.

"Oddly enough I'm much more me when I'm with you" her eyes caught his in a haze.

"I'm conflicted when I'm with you. Unsure of how to feel or what to do," he murmured, locking eyes with her. Elena's heart skipped a beat as she absorbed his words, a sense of unease creeping in.

"What...what do you mean?" she asked, her eyes betraying a hint of unease at his confession.

"That you're already so special to me. I feel a strong desire to always protect you," he revealed, his words resonating with Elena, who felt a sense of gratitude for his unwavering support.

"Thank you. You've been incredibly kind to me. It's truly remarkable," she murmured softly, causing him to smile even more. Their eyes locked in a silent exchange as the room filled with a palpable tension. Suddenly, she noticed his gaze shift to her lips as he leaned in closer. His Adam's apple bobbed as his heart raced in his chest.

The way her heart beat out of her chest when the distance between them both was getting less and less. Elena stared into his eyes and wondered if it was about to happen, and so she shut her eyes closed the moment she felt his lips touching hers. His lips felt so familiar it hurt her heart. His breathing had become more strained; his muscles tensed. She let herself sink into his embrace as his hands flattened against her spine. He drew her closer as her hands gripped his flannel.

Elena let out soft huffing sounds as she reciprocated the kiss, the shared intimacy stirring a flurry of sensations. Their burning stomachs ached for more, lost in the moment. However, the excited barks of Reeve jolted them apart, their ragged breaths betraying their interrupted moment. The sound of approaching footsteps snapped their attention in another direction.

"Oh...my apologies, I didn't realize we had a visitor!" Raymond chuckled, scratching the back of his head. Kelan let out a resigned sigh and rose from his seat.