ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 24: ᗯITᕼEᖇIᑎG ᗪᗩYᔕ

The agony of waiting was unbearable. The ache of forgetting was just as painful. However, the ultimate torment was the uncertainty of not knowing what to do. Carlton had endured an entire week of anticipation, hoping for some kind of response from Elena regarding the scandalous pictures that had circulated in the media. He was certain that the leak would prompt her to reach out, but to his dismay, there was only silence.

Constantly checking his phone for any media updates or sightings of Elena leaving her workplace, or from any other place, Carlton found only gossip and speculation about their relationship. Despite his father's harsh rebuke, he refused to give up hope of a future with her. Determined to prove his devotion, he remained steadfast and resilient in his pursuit of Elena.

With a swift stroke of his brush, Carlton deftly captured the essence of his subject, adjusting his position slightly to ensure every detail was perfect. Throughout the day, he poured his emotions into the painting, using the creative process as a form of catharsis to alleviate the stress weighing on his mind.

 Throughout the day, he poured his emotions into the painting, using the creative process as a form of catharsis to alleviate the stress weighing on his mind

Pausing for a moment, Carlton studied the turmoil depicted in the painting before him. A soft sigh escaped his lips, a reflection of the emotions that had been released onto the canvas.

"I believe I shall name you... The Man in Colored Distress," Carlton murmured, his eyes drawn to the sorrowful expression captured on the painted man's face. A sigh escaped his lips as he contemplated the tumultuous journey of love, a concept that had brought him more pain than joy. Lost in thought, his gaze drifted into the void as memories of moments shared with Elena flooded his mind. With a final sigh, he gently set down the brush and closed his eyes, allowing himself to get lost in a sea of emotions.

"Oh brother, did you know that excessive sighing can be your body's way of crying out for help?" Pamela remarked as she entered the room unannounced, catching Carlton completely off guard.

"What the heck, Pam? How did you even get into my apartment?" Carlton exclaimed in disbelief, staring at her poker face.

"Oh... I'm sorry... It seems your passcode was a bit predictable! I mean, really, who uses their security number as their door code?" she retorted, crossing her arms defensively. Carlton's mouth formed an 'o' as he stood there, utterly stunned by her response.

"You know my security number? What is wrong with you? How did you even get it? That's personal!" Carlton continued to question her in disbelief. Pamela rolled her eyes and walked over to a chair in the corner, sitting down as she watched his puzzled expressions unfold.

"Carl, just stop with all the questions... Jeez, are you really that bothered that your sister knows your security number?" she chided back. Carlton sighed in defeat, rubbing his temples in frustration.

"Ugh, just forget it... Stop coming into my house uninvited! It's creepy and rude," Carlton snapped, turning back to his painting and grabbing a thin brush to sign his name beneath the canvas. Pamela smiled at his reaction, accustomed to being ignored by him. However, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss as she observed the painting. Slowly, she approached the canvas, studying it with curiosity.