ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 41: TᕼE ᖴᗩᐯOᖇ

Elena experienced a whirlwind of madness as she became friends with Jack during her college years. He was charming and attractive, but also manipulative and possessive. He constantly tried to isolate her from others, unwilling to share what he believed belonged solely to him. After growing weary of his behavior, Elena finally cut ties with him. However, her biggest error was allowing someone like Jack to remain in her inner circle. Some individuals simply refuse to change, instead finding new ways to deceive and manipulate for their own gain.

Elena was struck by a strange sensation coursing through her body, leaving her feeling weary. Uncertainty and unease filled her mind as she struggled to identify the source of the sensation. As the blood drained from her face, replaced by a rush of heat, and her vision narrowed with a tingling sensation, Elena felt on the verge of losing control. Taking a deep breath, she swiftly excused herself from the group, seeking a moment of respite. Jack, noticing her distress, promptly offered an apology and trailed after her.

"Wow...hey...you okay?" Jack exclaimed with wide eyes as he reached out to steady her, preventing her from stumbling. Elena closed her eyes, attempting to regain her balance, but the spinning sensation in her head left her feeling completely disconnected from the world around her.

"Jack!....I...I don't feel good!" She mumbled, looking up at him with a weary expression. Jack smiled at her and gently brushed his hand against her left cheek.

"Yeah? I can see it in your face, El! You don't look well!" He said insincerely, pulling her closer as she tried to slip away. Meanwhile, Carlton observed how comfortable and close Elena appeared to be with the Mayor's son. A mix of frustration, jealousy, and heartache overwhelmed him as he watched the woman he loved in the arms of another. In a fit of anger, he swiftly grabbed a drink from a passing waiter and downed the remaining wine.

"Jack....p...ppplease take me home! I want to go home," she pleaded, feeling uncomfortable and seeking solace in his arms. Jack smiled smugly, satisfied with the situation.

"Shhh, fine, let's get you back home!" Jack cooed gently, leading her out of the venue. Axel closed his eyes with a pang of regret as he watched his sister leave with Jack. When he opened his eyes again, he saw Carlton looking utterly dejected across the room. Axel hurried over to Carlton, surprising him with his sudden approach.

"Huh, are you going to threaten, berate, or complain to me like last time?" Carlton quipped menacingly at Axel. Axel sighed, meeting his gaze directly.

"It's the opposite! I actually need a favor from you!" Axel said, his eyes filled with anxiety, once again catching Carlton off guard

"A favor? Ha...don't make me laugh! I won't be doing favors for you! Everything from you is a game, and I've already told you I'm tired of playing!" Carlton retorted with annoyance. Axel firmly grabbed Carlton's arm and pulled him to a secluded corner.

"What is your problem!" Carlton chided as he yanked his arm away. Axel quickly pushed him back to continue speaking.

"It's about my sister, you fool! I need you to go after them and follow wherever he's taking her right now!" Axel said in a stern, low voice. Carlton suppressed his haughty demeanor and stared back in bewilderment.