ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 44: TᕼE ᑌᑎKᑎOᗯᑎ ᔕEᑎTIᗰEᑎT

The following day, Elena chose to return to work, not wanting to linger another day in the hospital with Jack showing no signs of improvement

The following day, Elena chose to return to work, not wanting to linger another day in the hospital with Jack showing no signs of improvement. Despite this, she phoned Mrs. Carter to inform her of her visit later in the day. The recent events had been difficult to comprehend, leaving everything feeling surreal. Elena let out a sigh and briskly headed out the door of her office to convene with her team in the conference room. The day ahead promised to be filled with reviewing and forecasting logistics. Walking down the corridor, employees paused and respectfully acknowledged her presence with a brief bow as she passed by.

"Elena, I just got a call from Miss Clover. She asked me to let you know that she won't be in today," Sofia announced, flipping through her notepad. Elena came to a sudden halt, processing the unexpected news.

"What? Today of all days?" Elena exclaimed in disbelief. Sofia nodded, her expression confirming the news.

"She apologized by saying she wasn't feeling well enough to come to work!" Sofia added, which made Elena a little worried about her friend.

"Okay, once we're done here, I want you to send her some get well soon goodies," Elena said with a gentle smile before entering the meeting room. As she walked in, she noticed Erica's poker face, filled with obvious displeasure at her arrival. Elena cleared her throat, choosing to ignore her.

"Good morning, everyone! Let's get started, shall we?" Elena greeted with a bright smile as she took her place at the head of the table. The meeting kicked off with each department head sharing their progress over the past few weeks. Elena was fully engaged in the discussion, ensuring no key points were missed. Despite Erica's attempts to display discontent and disagreement, it only served to confuse those in attendance.

As the meeting came to an end, the group of people started to exit the room, their faces showing signs of exhaustion from the lengthy discussion. Elena smiled at them as she watched them leave, appreciative of their time. Once the others had departed, Elena walked over to the door and closed it, catching Erica off guard as she made her way out.

"Erica, we can't continue to behave like this, especially in front of our employees! What message are you sending them by constantly disagreeing with me?" Elena stated firmly, her eyes locked on her friend's face, trying to gauge her reaction. Erica responded with a scoff and a defiant smirk.

"Do you want me to blindly agree with all of your pathetic strategies like I always do?" Erica retorted without holding back. Elena was taken aback by her friend's attitude, shocked to see this side of Erica that she had never witnessed before.

"Elena, I have tolerated your nonsense, especially when it comes to business! Your ideas and strategies have been nothing short of ridiculous. It's been me who has kept your company afloat with all of these stupid and outrageous demands of yours!"

"I'm exhausted. I'm tired of pretending and not speaking up!" Erica expressed with frustration. Elena gritted her teeth in displeasure, glaring back with a mixture of disappointment and anger.