ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 40: ᑕOᐯETOᑌᔕ

A gathering of elegantly dressed individuals congregated, sipping on drinks and sampling the lavish hors d'oeuvres being circulated by the servers

A gathering of elegantly dressed individuals congregated, sipping on drinks and sampling the lavish hors d'oeuvres being circulated by the servers. This was the long-awaited evening that Jack had been urging Elena to attend for the past few days. Initially resistant, Elena had wanted to teach Jack a lesson on how she deserved to be treated. However, when her father requested that she and Axel attend in his absence, Elena found herself with no option but to reluctantly accept.

The evening exuded an air of sophistication, perfectly suited for a prestigious event at the renowned Lunair Hotel & Casino in the heart of the capital. The expansive room was filled to the brim with esteemed guests, including the chief of police, secretary of defense, and numerous other high-ranking officials and political figures.

The room buzzed with lively conversations and jovial laughter, as guests with bulging pockets engaged in discussions about the typical topics of the wealthy elite - politics, the economy, international affairs, and more. Elena adeptly navigated these conversations, feigning interest and seamlessly blending in with the affluent crowd.

With a charming smile, Elena maintained her animated conversation with the group she had been engaged with throughout the past two hours of the ceremony. Those around her were captivated by her presence and active participation in the discussion, exchanging glances in admiration. Despite Jack's prolonged gaze from across the room, where he stood beside his father, Elena remained composed and unruffled.

"Mr. Carter, may I have a moment of your time? I'm with the City Talk Network," a woman spoke as she approached the city's mayor. Jack was jolted from his reverie, observing the woman's proximity to them as she sought a conversation with his father.

"Of course, feel free to ask me anything," Gordon responded enthusiastically, stepping aside to direct the attention of the camera towards him. Jack let out a resigned sigh at the sight of his father engaging with yet another news outlet. Quietly slipping away, Jack deftly navigated through the crowd, making his way to a spot where the presence of news reporters was avoidable.

"Hey, over here!" Jack called out to a passing waiter carrying a tray of wine glasses. The waiter nodded in acknowledgment and swiftly made his way over to Jack, who gratefully took a glass from the tray.

"Thank you," Jack expressed as he swiftly took the glass and indulged in a sip. The waiter promptly vanished into the crowd, leaving Jack to mull over Elena's captivating appearance in her exquisite dress. Frustrated, he took another sip, his mind consumed with thoughts of her. In a sudden moment of distraction, he caught sight of Elena's brother approaching out of the corner of his eye.

"You don't even bother trying to hide it anymore!" Axel chuckled as he finally arrived at Jack's side. Jack grinned in response and tilted his head in acknowledgment of his brother-in-law's observation.

"Should I keep up the charade a bit longer?" Jack interjected, joining in the banter. Axel flashed a mischievous smile in response to Jack's playful expression.