ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ 59: TᕼE ᔕEᑎTIᗰEᑎT Oᖴ TᕼE ᕼEᗩᖇT

³ ᵈᵃʸˢ ˡᵃᵗᵉʳ

The tears falling from a woman's eyes are the unspoken language of her heart

The tears falling from a woman's eyes are the unspoken language of her heart. Each drop holds the weight of pent-up anger and emotions that have been bottled up for far too long. For days, the echoes of Carlton's hurtful words lingered in her mind, leaving a gaping hole in her chest. Lost and overwhelmed by the turmoil in her life, she found herself unable to return to her daily routine or take care of herself. Instead, she remained huddled in bed, weeping uncontrollably as unfamiliar emotions coursed through her, leaving her bewildered and distraught.

Martha spent three days by her daughter's side, offering comfort and care in every way she could. She cooked for her, tended to her needs, and kept a watchful eye to ensure she didn't turn to substances in her despair. A sudden ring of Elena's phone broke the heavy silence, causing both women to startle before they instinctively embraced each other on the bed. Martha let out a weary sigh and reached out for the phone, hoping for a glimmer of hope or a much-needed distraction from the pain she felt.

"Kelan? Someone named Kelan is calling you," Martha whispered softly to her daughter as she gently stroked her hair. Elena squeezed her eyes shut, a wave of sorrow washing over her as she shook her head against her mother's comforting chest.

"No... I don't want to talk to him! I hate him with all my heart," Elena mumbled, her face contorted in sadness. Martha set down the phone and quickly grasped her daughter's chin, gently lifting it to meet her gaze.

"Then why are you crying?" Martha questioned her daughter with unwavering eyes, attempting to comprehend her daughter's emotions. Elena pulled back slightly, sitting up straighter in bed.

"A woman only cries and claims to hate a man with all her heart when she's in love!" Martha's words caught Elena off guard, piercing through her defenses. And then, the inevitable happened. There was no more room for pretending when her soul yearned to release the pent-up emotions and tears for the men who had left their mark on her life.

"I despise him because he captured my heart, mom! He captured it without asking for permission!" Elena choked on the words, her emotions raw and unfiltered. Martha, though filled with sympathy for her daughter's pain, couldn't help but feel a sense of pride at seeing Elena finally embrace her true emotions like any normal woman would, expressing her genuine feelings.

"Come here!" Martha cooed as she pulled her daughter into a warm embrace, wrapping her arms around her tightly and placing gentle kisses on her forehead.

"Tell me everything! Tell me why you're feeling so broken and angry about him," Martha spoke softly, her fingers gently stroking her daughter's cheeks. Elena sniffled, tears continuing to stream down her face.

"He seduced me... with beautiful words and actions that made me fall for him! But it turns out he was just playing with my feelings! He's married, mom!" Elena choked out the painful truth, burying her face in the crook of her mother's neck.

"Sshhh... it's okay, darling... shh!" Martha cooed, but Elena shook her head defiantly, refusing to be comforted like that.

"No... mom, it's not okay... I trusted him! I was so in love with the idea of a man who was genuine and perfect in my eyes! I... I... hate him for shattering that illusion for me!" Elena cried out in despair. Martha's heart ached as she witnessed her daughter's heartbreaking vulnerability for the first time over a man. She held Elena close, enveloping her in a comforting embrace, reminiscent of the times when she would soothe her daughter's childhood hurts, like the time Axel teased her about her messy pigtails.

As the tears flowed and time passed, Elena's sobs subsided, allowing her to finally breathe in peace once again.

"What are you thinking now? I know that look," Martha said, her eyes meeting her daughter's contemplative gaze. Elena slowly settled back on the bed, her hands intertwining as she gazed down at them in deep thought.

"Mom! Do you think it's possible to be in love with two people at the same time?" Elena asked tentatively, lifting her gaze to meet her mother's. Martha's brows furrowed in realization at her daughter's question.

"In love with two men?" Martha asked, her eyes widening in surprise. Elena simply nodded in response, her expression a mix of uncertainty and longing. Martha swallowed hard, grappling to comprehend the complexity of the situation.

"Well... I... I... understand," Martha stuttered, her voice trailing off as she was flooded with memories of her own past. Feeling her mother's hesitation, Elena reached out and gently grabbed her arm, looking at her with tender eyes.

"What's wrong, Mom?" Elena asked, her concern evident in her voice as she noticed her mother's nervous sigh. Martha smiled back, trying to mask her inner turmoil.

"There's no point in being disingenuous with you! Sooner or later, you were going to find out," Martha muttered anxiously. Elena frowned, taken aback by this rare display of vulnerability from her usually composed mother.

"I once found myself in love with two men in my life, Elena! One was your father, and the other was his best friend," Martha confessed, her eyes filled with fear and vulnerability. Elena gasped softly, surprised by her mother's revelation.

"My dad and his best friend?" Elena questioned in disbelief, finding the revelation too surreal to comprehend. Martha nodded shamefully, her gaze fixed on the covers of the bed, unable to meet her daughter's eyes.

"It all started as genuine friendship. We got along so well and did everything together - camping, dancing, and getting up to mischief away from our parents. But as we grew older, everything began to shift. I started to see them as more than just friends, and they started to see me as the girl of their dreams," Martha explained, her voice tinged with nostalgia and regret as she searched her daughter's eyes for understanding. Elena listened attentively, absorbing her mother's words with a mix of surprise and empathy.

"They both proposed to me on the same day! I felt caught between the sword and the wall, unable to fathom how my choice at that moment would shape my future," Martha shared, her eyes clouded with regret. Elena reached out, gently taking her mother's hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze, a small smile playing on her lips.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one who has experienced these conflicting emotions," Elena said, her eyes bright with understanding. Martha smiled back, her hand gently stroking Elena's cheek as she looked into her daughter's smiling eyes with a sense of connection and shared understanding.

"I like Kelan, Mom. I feel like I love him. But I can't deny that whenever I see Carlton, my world shifts. It's like I melt every time he looks at me," Elena confessed, her words hanging in the air and causing a stunned silence to fall between them. Martha was taken aback by the mention of Carlton's name, a sharp pang of realization hitting her. It was a poignant reminder that what goes around, inevitably, comes around, even if it brought pain to those involved.

 It was a poignant reminder that what goes around, inevitably, comes around, even if it brought pain to those involved